Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Pumping and travel for work

Default Pumping and travel for work

Greetings all. I'm going out of town next week for work and wondering if anyone has traveled recently with their pump and freshly expressed milk? I'd rather not check my bag if I don't have to but I also don't want to have to throw away whatever I pump.

Also, any advice on how frequently I should pump? I'll be gone one night and the baby (almost 8 months old) usually wakes up at least 3 times during the night to nurse. I'm looking forward to a big giant bed all to myself with no one waking me up, but I also don't want to mess up my supply.

Thanks,
    Lisa

Default Re: Pumping and travel for work

Here are the new rules for traveling with bm. You may want to take a copy with you.

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtrav...n/formula.shtm

We are actually leaving tomorrow to go to San Diego. I have read a lot on this topic. You can either check the milk in your baggage or carry it with you. They may inspect it. How? I am not sure yet . You are usually allowed one personal item (purse, pump, etc) and one carryon (as well as your checked baggage). I plan on sticking my purse in my carry on and taking my pump as my personal item.

I would probably pump just as often as lo nurses if not more. That is me though. It may not hurt to skip one of the nighttime sessions and add one during the day or something.

Mom to Lainey (11-8-06)