Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: too much poopy?

Default too much poopy?

Is it possible to have to many poopy diapers? I heard BF babies only go once a day sometimes once every couple days. Mine goes 6x a day! Is it something I'm eating? Is it normal? BTW, he's about 2 1/2 months now...Thanks!

Default Re: too much poopy?

I worried about his, too. It seems like around 2-3 months of age, my boy was pooping every two hours. Really, it was crazy. He has since slowed down, though we do have our "4x a day" days sometimes.
    I don't think it's anything to be concerned about. I told my pediatrician at our last appointment and she said, "yay, he's healthy and probably feeling good to be getting it out."
    hmmm...
    makes sense.
    ... mama to alasdair jonas, fifteen days late and (finally) born all natural on june 24, 2007.

check out my organic baby goods: www.inkpony.etsy.com
    and coming along with using cloth dipes.yay.

When my DS was younger he pooped quite alot, then around 3 months he started going once a week or so. I think every baby is different.

When my dd2 was younger she used to poop almost everything after I feed her which was a lot. Now she only pops about 2-3 times a day. But like pp every baby is different.

I don't think too much poop is possible and it definitely doesn't sound like the case for you. For at least the first three months henry would poop after every feeding. The normal # of poops for bf babies is anywhere from many times a day to once per week or less! No worried if the poop is generally yellow and seedy...

Oh- and all those poopy diapers now will really make you appreciate it when your baby doesn't poop so much!

Anne- Mom to two active boys: Henry 10/06 and Jamie 4/09

Looking for an LLL leader in your area? click:
    http://www.llli.org/webindex.html

confused about abbreviations? check this out:
    http://forums.llli.org/showthread.php?t=807

my dd had poopies at least every two hours then she turned 6wks and went 10 days with no poop then went 2 times she has not went again since last mon

Quote Originally Posted by elizabethskye View Post
    When my dd2 was younger she used to poop almost everything after I feed her which was a lot. Now she only poops about 2-3 times a day. But like pp every baby is different.
    This is exactly my experience with both DD's.

Amy

Quote Originally Posted by mommyturtle View Post
    Is it possible to have to many poopy diapers? I heard BF babies only go once a day sometimes once every couple days. Mine goes 6x a day! Is it something I'm eating? Is it normal?
    goodness! i was so going to post about this yesterday...

my daughter is only 1 month old, but she poops about 10-15 times a day (pee always accompanies it. heh.) its good to know that someone else worries about this kind of stuff! heh.

thanks everyone! glad to know it was normal. kept reading that BF babies only goes once in awhile and I was starting to think I'm eating something that was making him go all the time! definitely good to know I"m not alone!

Quote Originally Posted by mommyturtle View Post
    . Mine goes 6x a day!
    Wow. Thats above par! I feel for you.

Good thing you don't have twins