Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: From one thing to the next!

Default From one thing to the next!

I finally have my oversupply/OALD under control just about after 2 weeks of trying. I was ecstatic!

Well, now I have painful let-down.... and I didn't with the oversupply, which usually ppl say they have it while they have oversupply. haha... so do you think it will clear itself up after awhile? It doesnt seem to be plugged ducts or mastitis or thrush or any of those things, and it's in both breasts too.

I wonder what issue I'll have next !

Default Re: From one thing to the next!

How would you desribe the pain, Phantasia? How different is it from the sensation you had before?

its like a pinching?? pain when my milk lets down, and it seems to happen on both sides. the first time it happened I thought he was biting down on my nipple.

Also weird as it sounds when it lets down, I actually get pain in the other nipple as well, in the one I'm not feeding him on. As if it's radiating to the other?

i have that too and sometimes it hurtsso bad that it feels like someone is tring to pull my breasts off and it hurts up to my arm pits

yep thats about what it feels like, it shoots up to the top, ive started to kinda brace myself for it, like i did with labor contractions LOL

how old is baby?
    are you cracked or bleeding?
    That sometimes can take a while to heal.
    ARe you putting anything on your nipples?

Your description sounds like pain related to forceful let-down. You might try nursing on one side for each feeding (block feeding or not) and nursing more frequently. You might also try relaxation techniques (like you would use during childbirth, for example) to make the pain more tolerable. If the pain is really bothersome, you might talk to your doctor about using a mild pain reliever that is compatible with breastfeeding.

HTH!

Quote Originally Posted by andrea_ohio View Post
    how old is baby?
    are you cracked or bleeding?
    That sometimes can take a while to heal.
    ARe you putting anything on your nipples?
    Baby is 4 weeks.

And no, I havent had any cracking since the first few days, I was using lansinoh religiously every hour or so those first days and it cleared up and I haven't had it since, nor have I had to use lansinoh at all.

I do usually only feed one side per feeding because he seems pretty satisfied with one. It depends if he is still hungry, especially since one of my breasts always seems to produce slightly less milk than the other, so a lot of the times when it's time to feed on that one, I end up having to offer him the other as well. Actually it's the one with the most pain that produces slightly less milk. I don't know if that matters at all.

The oversupply and OALD issues have definately cleared up for the most part, although occasionally the let down does seem to get a bit intense again, but I seem to have the pain regardless.