Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Nursing 3 or more?

Default Nursing 3 or more?

I'm already nursing my 2-year-old twins. I'm PG again But I don't know if 1 or more (yet). I'm looking for support and knowledge from moms who triandem nurse(d) or more...I'm sure it's possible, but am I crazy to do it?
    Not ready to wean my own babies...
    -beth
    mama to s (2) and j (2)

Default Re: Nursing 3 or more?

Congratulations on your pregnancy! Good for you for wanting to continue nursing your twins. I can't offer any experiences/advice but I do know nursing 3 is very possible. I just wanted to suggest that you try posting in the tandem nursing section for more replies.
    Laura, proud vbacing, ecological breastfeeding mommy to four ages 8, 6, 5, and 2. That's Kate nursing her doll, Adam.

The Seven Standards of ecological breastfeeding: (1) exclusive breasfeeding for the first 6 months (2) pacify baby at your breast (3) don't use bottles and pacifiers (4) co-sleep for night feedings (5) take a nursing nap (6) nurse frequently day and night; avoiding schedules (7) avoid practices that restrict nursing or separates you from your baby. The average return of menstruation for ecological breastfeeding mothers is between 14 and 15 months.

I would also suggest the tandem forum. I do remember a while back a mother wanting to know about triandem- she was already doing tandem with two different aged children and was pregnant. I remember a mother here directed her to the mothering.com (I believe) forums as apparently there are mothers there who triandem. Although I have never been to the forum myself, so I can't really recommend it, just passing the info on that I remember.

I hope you find the support and info you need!
    Mommy to 3 beautiful girls!

Just wanted to say, great job nursing twins. And congrats on your pregnancy!
    Erin (32), breastfeeding CLW, knitting cloth-diapering crocheting, heirloom tomato-growing philosophizing poker-playing feminist artist mama to my 19 month old daughter! Baby #2 due January 2009.

Another thread with this topic ...

http://forums.llli.org/showthread.php?t=37094

I'd love to hear how it goes for you!