Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: whats the longest your lo went without pooing

Default whats the longest your lo went without pooing

my dd has always taken her time in the poop catagory starting at about three months she would go upward to ten days with no poo. Well sieann is on day 12 and Im concerned because she has had solid food about a handfull of times. The last few times I gave her prunes and apples puree to get things going. The dr. was not really helpfull she suggested kayro syrup.....GROSS. I think she is starting to become uncomfortable. fyi her last poopy was loose and seedy. Thanks much for sharing your poop stories
    My little May baby just turned THE BIG ONE!
    Formally known as kaykate23

Default Re: whats the longest your lo went without pooing

what is karo syrup supposed to do for poop? we have only gone 4 days with no poop. is her belly hard, is she straining?

I think it is pure sugar and thats supposed to get things moving. She is not straining although this am I could her rumbles in her tummy and whenever she moves she farts. Like when she rolls over...she toots...she is a tooting machine. I dont understand why she goes so long in between. Her wets are great . (I slept at a friends btw, these nasy things are everywhere....I think its the cold weather)

sometimes a warm bath will get things going. sorry 'bout the creepies

Funny I just read that on dr. Sears website.....Thanks Dr. raline....Kind of cute, she is sleeping right now and laughing..what do these kids dream about. ! Hopefully we will have an explosion shortly.

My son went 11 days then it took three diapers to contain the explosion. He also farted alot! And they would really stink. People would say "I think he needs a diaper change" and I would say "uh no he only goes on Wednesdays!"

You aren't alone. She will probably explode anytime now. As long as she seems comfortable and her stomach isnt hard, it should be ok.

Cooper went 11 days w/o pooping when we started some oatmeal at 5.5 months. He really didnt seem uncomfortable, but like your LO, he had some nasty gas!! I have heard of the corn syrup/water mixture, but I never tried it. I think it is just somethign that goes along with starting solids. It will take a while for their body to get used to different foods, so this might not be the first time she goes a long time w/o pooing. When Cooper finally went it wasnt really hard, but it was like peanut butter

I'm Heather, SAHM to Cooper , born 1/2007
    and Bennett, our precious NICU grad born 8/2009
    and wife to Bill since 10/2003!
    We're young, but we know we can do it!
    Life with the Stevens-blog

I'm an Ergo Baby Carrier affiliate!

I was just out of town and my LO was back here with my Mom. My mom called about 5 days into the trip and was panicked because LO hadn't pooped yet (up until then she was still pooping practically every diaper change). I had my mom call the dr- they advised giving her some prune juice or some prune babyfood. My mom did both, she had a massive poop, and my mom spentthe next 2 days worrying that she broke her. But the prunes worked!

My lo had the same problem when we started solids (especially banana). We tried the prunes and it worked well for us. Once we also had to try the BebeGel. Doctor recommended giving him few sips of water.
    Mom to Wayne since 02.24.2007
    AND
    Keeran 07.19.2010

My kids are my life!

You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them - Desmond Tutu

1 day... my son comes from a long line of poopers!
    Proud Mommy to Michael who is 3 now! Michael was nurseynursed for 2 years!!
    I did not make up this persona, but if I did, I would make myself 50 pounds lighter and 5 years younger!!!!