Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where do you pump and what do you do?

Default Re: Where do you pump and what do you do?

I pump in the bathroom of a Model Home. I don't do anything. Just sit & hope I don't get walked in on again.

Loving my Beautiful High Needs Baby Girl born 12/28/06

I lock the door of my office and pump in there. While I pump I almost always visit this forum, and look at pictures of my son.

I pump in the bathroom while at work. Usually while I am pumping I read a magazine.
    Carol
    Proud mom to,
    Cassi 5/17/85
    Carlie 3/16/96

The Twinzillas
    Camryn 8/17/06
    Carson 8/17/06
    & their Shadow
    Caitlyn 4/22/07

We have a "women's lounge" at my work. It's a single restroom, but also has a nice chair & desk, as well as a small couch. I usually put my head down & doze off for a few minutes. I'm not talented enough to double pump & read or anything else yet!

I am pumping right now! I have an easy expressions hands free top http://www.easyexpressionproducts.com/ that I put my cones/flanges (what ever they are called), hook up the bottles and pump away while I work or post here!
    Samantha: born 3 1/2 weeks early on Sept 2006 6lbs 4 oz 18 inches long with situs inversus totalis. Now a strong healthy little girl that wants to be a NICU doctor, loves her little sister and breastfeeds her dolls!
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 2,200 oz
    Alexandra: born 3 weeks early on July 2010 7lbs 8 oz 19.5 inches long.
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 1,200

For information on becoming a Breastmilk Donor http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk

Wow. Quite an impressive group. I am new here and new to motherhood and pumping. My lo is 2 months old and I just came back to work this week.

I pump three times a day in my locked office with closed blinds. Seems to be going well. This forum was a great find!

How do all of you ladies pump hands free? I have a Medela pump in style advanced and I hold the bottles because I am unaware of other options. Please educate me on the hands free pumping! Right now I pump and stare of pics of my little lady.

Oh, I am a defense attorney - mostly insurance defense.

Nice to be here,

Jenn

Hello all! (This is my first time in this sub-forum)
    I am a NICU nurse, so I am very fortunate to have an actual pumping room to go to. Three medical grade pumps and nice gliders to sit in. So it's comfy, but I have already brought up issues with the lack of things to read in there! I have brought my old parenting mags and left them there for other moms to read. But I usually just bring my iPod in, listen to some tunes, and sometimes call my mom or hubby...whoever is watching the LO that day. I do wish that I could check this forum, surf the internet, and check email while pumping...it would make the time go so much faster...

I pump in a storage room and usually read a magazine or nod off for a few minutes.
    Tracy...Mommy to my two beautiful girls - Kinzie Marie, 1/19/01 and Ryan Renee, 2/1/07
    Married to Danny, an amazing husband and father - 3/22/03

Age Ticker

Breast milk is better than any udder milk!

My opinion is that anybody offended by breastfeeding is staring too hard. ~David Allen

I pump in a Mother's Room my company has. It has some chairs (not so comfy, but usable), a Lactina pump I can use, a sink, a fridge, and the all important, window! I play games on my phone, listen to my ipod, or rest my eyes. The more involved I am in whatever else I'm doing, the faster it seems to go, and the better my output.

Quote Originally Posted by marymud View Post
    I am pumping right now! I have an easy expressions hands free top http://www.easyexpressionproducts.com/ that I put my cones/flanges (what ever they are called), hook up the bottles and pump away while I work or post here!
    I use this, too - I'm pumping now as I type this. Momma Jenn - you gotta get one of these - I promise it is worth the $$.

Amy