Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where do you pump and what do you do?

Default Where do you pump and what do you do?

I am just curious.

I pump while locked in a science storage room between two classrooms. One classroom is full of kids. It is a nice storage room. I have a desk to sit at. What I do while pumping is get caught up on school work, check my e-mail, and maybe check in on this forum.

Where do you pump and what do you do while pumping?

Default Re: Where do you pump and what do you do?

I pump in a locked confrence room. I usually read a magazine since there is nothing else in there :rolleyes
    Danielle

Mom to Gage 12/28/06

Wife to Trinity 6/21/03 my best friend

ed for year, finally done!!!!
    for more than a year now!

I pump in a storage room too, I usually read magazines, knit, listen to NPR or sometimes put my head down on the shelves and catch a very quick nap.

My Little Reverse Cyclers
    *DS born July 2006, nursed 3 yrs 10 mos!
    *DD born January 2011, happily nursing and bucking the bottle just like big brother
    *One Angel baby we sadly never met July 2009

Happily married to an amazing man who puts up with all my craziness since 1999.

I'm pumping right now - in my office with hands free corset and nursing cover at my desk. I work through or check this forum Some people don't even realize I'm pumping (office door is glass, but my office is at the back of the building) until the barge in and hear the pump. I don't really care - I'm all covered up.

Amy

I pump in a variety of places depending on where I am.

When I'm on campus, I pump in my office and check in on this forum or pump in a bathroom stall (yuck) when I teach across campus. When I'm in clinical I pump in an empty exam room or small resource room. I'll usually call and check on my LO when I'm pumping. It helps me to stay motivated to pump!
    Melissa, mom to my very busy 4-year-old little man and super busy 2-year-old princess.

Our office has a 'respite room' for nursing mothers/personal use. Very nice w/a sofa, phone, network access, clock, solid door w/a lock (we are very fortunate to have this!)

I usually bring contracts in to review or make my follow up phone calls to clients.

When I am at work and need to pump (3 x per day), I go to the lockerroom. I usually play games on my phone or read. Sometimes there will be other ladies in there for various reasons, and we chat. And sometimes I rest my eyes.
    Hot momma to The Boy born 19 December 2006.

Nursing The Boy for 1 year...and still going strong! I kicked the pump out the door though!

Oh, and I'm a cloth convert. Late in life. But only at home. Daycare isn't having it.

When I'm at my desk job, I pump in the locker room. I usually surf the internet or talk on the phone.

When I'm flying, I pump in the crew rest area, now known as the crew breast area. I chat with my crew or close my eyes for a bit.

When I'm away on trips, I pump in my room and read or watch TV if there is one.

My brother is marrying a girl whose father works for Medela. I've been promised a new pump for our second child!

I am lucky to have my own office with a locking door and blinds on all the windows. The walls are very thin though and the people on either side of me can hear the pump...not that I care..lol.

Amanda

Today was my 1st day back and my 1st day pumping! Yeah!

Anyways, I pump in my classroom which has a lockable door. When my students go to their elective classes I pump. (I teach in a self-contained classroom) I sit at my desk and cover myself up with my nursing shawl. It only takes me about 15 minutes from start to finish so that's good. I just turn on some music so the noise isn't too bad. haha
    ~*Sherri*~
    Mommy to Allison Rae

Born 9-18-07 @ 1:18am

BF for 18 months! Finally weaned!