Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Pumping Schedule

Default Pumping Schedule

I was just wondering how many times a day you pump to increase your supply? Does anyone have a schedule they follow? I am trying to get on a schedule for the weekend because that is seeming like the only time I have to pump. I may just have to stay in all weekend to up my supply.

Thanks for the advice or suggestions.

Default Re: Pumping Schedule

Are you trying to increase the amount you pump, or are you trying to increase overall milk production?

If you are trying to increase the amount that you pump you can pump one side while nursing LO on the other side when you are together. I get a lot more milk this way. I also add an extra pumping session in whenever I have time. Remember it takes a few days for your body to adjust to a demand for more milk - so you might not get much milk initially at those extra sessions.

I am trying to increase my overall milk production, but mostly the amount that I pump. I post another thread called Tomorrow is monday and still no supply.

Noodlenerd, 107 oz hats off to you. That must have took a LOT of time and patience. I only have maybe 12 oz. and will probably never get my supply that high. But I am adding EXTRA nursing and pumping session for the weekend. So maybe I can get a few days ahead until another growth spurt.

Are you using hand compressions and massages when you pump? In order to last thru the week I have to pump while lo is nursing at least once or twice a day... that helps too
    Married mama with 4 kiddos...2 girls (11 & 6) and 2 boys (21mo & 3mo)