Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: no poop?

Default no poop?

Another poop question...I have a 9 day old who is nursing on demand and producing plenty of wet diapers and gaining weight. She had 2 blow out meconium poops-one on day2 and one on day4. She had a tiny 'squirt' of a transitional poop on day 5 and she has had nothing since. She has REALLY STINKY toots though! normal?

Shannon
    mother of 4
    ds12, ds9, dd7, dd 9days old

Default Re: no poop?

Congratulations on your newest arrival!

You're concerned that your baby may not be pooping enough. What is your baby's lowest weight? What is her weight now? About how many wet diapers does she have in 24 hours? What does the urine look like (pale? dark?)? About how many times per 24 hours does your baby nurse?

Default Re: no poop?

What is your baby's lowest weight? What is her weight now? About how many wet diapers does she have in 24 hours? What does the urine look like (pale? dark?)? About how many times per 24 hours does your baby nurse?
    birthwt: 8lbs 14oz
    lowest 2 days later 8lbs 7 oz
    2 days later 8 lbs 10 oz
    10 day check up 9 lbs 2 oz (on Friday)

8-10 wet diapers urine pale

she cluster nurses morning and late afternoon early evening.

update: midwife had me do karo water and I've never seen so much poop. This was on day 6 no poop. Her tummy has done much better. She pooped on her own later that same day, but has not pooped since. We are on day 2 no poop.

thank you for you help.