Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Another poop ?... Wondering abt the color.

Default Another poop ?... Wondering abt the color.

My baby is almost 3 months old and his poops are consistently dark yellowish brown, maybe a tinge of green and are a thick liquidy consistency.

There are no seeds that I remember w/ dd and early on w/ this baby and they aren't he same bright yellow color. Does this sound normal?

We did have a oald/os issue that I think is under control now. I only bf on one side each feeding for abt 10 minutes, every 2-3 hrs. Does all of this sound normal?

Thanks.

Erin

Default Re: Another poop ?... Wondering abt the color.

i think when in doubt show your doctor or a lactation consultant, but it seems that "consistent" is key. everyone poops a little differently. if it is frothy or green, it is over supply, need for balance of fore and hindmilk, but seems like you know what that looks like and this isnt it

Can you describe what frothy looks like? What abt green... Do you mean really green or just tinted?

His poops have looked the same way for so long that I don't know if it's normal or not. They are thick and big, like I have to be careful not spill them out of the diaper when I change him. He has 1 to 2 big ones a day. They are dark yellowish brownish, maybe slightly green. I do know that they are not the yellow seedy that they initially were shortly after coming home for the hospital. My oald/os was evident to me through his fussing and crying at the breast and pulling off and spraying and such, not really from his poops.

Thanks for helping me with this.

Erin

Hi there, my dd is now 6 months and her poop is also a funny yellow sometimes greenish color. I read that it is quite normal for a breastfed baby so I'm not to concerned about it. But like pp said. If you worry rather get advice form your doctor. Here's the link for you.http://www.drjaygordon.com/developme...ricks/poop.asp
    Last edited by maritzape; October 31st, 2007 at 11:24 PM.