Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neat little tip

Default Neat little tip

Maybe you all know about this one already, but in case there is another new first mommy looking like me...

DS eating purees now for a bit, starting to pince small items and interested in self-feeding but skills need to be honed. Found small bits of banana or avocado to be too slippery to hold onto and get into his mouth. A light coating with dry baby cereal (almost like breading chicken or fish!) will make bits of slippery fruit much easier to pince and carry to mouth and enable chewing without accidental slipping down throat. Also gets a little bit of the iron/zinc fortified cereal into the baby. Every little bit helps, especially if most of the meal ends up outside the child as opposed to inside him!

It's round on the ends and high in the middle

Default Re: Neat little tip

Good tip. I will have to give that a try.

Jessica
    Fancy Momma to the Divine Miss M, 2/15/07 BF'ed for 17 months!
    Currently TTC Baby #2

Hello babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies - Damn it, you've got to be kind. - Kurt Vonnegut

Nowhere near feeding but when I do I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for sharing!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    First time mommy of Robert Nicolas, now 9 whole months(), and loving it!

That's a great idea! I tried giving my lo banana this morning and it totally slipped out her fingers every time!

I will have to remember that! I love the mesh feeders for Bananas right now.

Thanks for the tip. I never thought about that.

Hmm, good idea. We're trying to do mostly baby-led weaning (which is "weaning" ONTO solids, rather than OFF breast milk- which we hope to do too, but not for AGES yet! Maybe a light non-slip coating would be hwlpful for a lot of things. Thanks.

TM

AWESOME idea! Thanks!:tumbsup

Wow! It's good to see so many people liked the tip!

I like the one the pp said about using mesh feeders for fruits. I have seen those, I will have to give that a try too. Thanks!

:tumbsup