Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: wont eat solids now...

Default wont eat solids now...

Luke was eating three meals a day for over a month and has been eating solids since 4.5 months. No he is refusing his meals. He just screams and want the spoon to chomp on. He has been behaving like hes getting another tooth, but he did not refuse food for the first two. The only thing he will eat is those gerber puffs. I have been putting them on his tray after he eats for about a week so he could start learning how to self feed. Now his is getting alot of them in and thats all he will eat...Hes nursing great though and I'm assuming its not anything to be concerned with healthwise as long as he is nursing well. Just wondering what is up with him or if anyone else experienced this.

Default Re: wont eat solids now...

Lilly is going through the EXACT same thing! She acted fine with the first two teeth. we saw the dr yesterday and he said it felt like her top two were coming down. Maybe the top hurt worse? I jsut keep giving her food all day to see if she'll eat. The one thing she is eating is blueberry eggo waffles. Good luck andyou're not alone!
    Proud wife to Pete, 5-9-04
    Proud 1st time mom to Lilly 2-1-07 born at 36 weeks, 5lbs 1 oz, au natural!

http://www.lillybugdesigns.com
    Handmade accessories for mom and baby
    All made with love, and by hand[/COLOR]

He likes to self feed, then? Perhaps offer lots of little things he can eat all by himself?

Sounds normal to me.

My son is 11 months old and has days like this, he simply perfers the boobie. I know it can get worrisome but really at this stage it's practice with solids and the nutrition is still primarily from boob or formula.

Just keep offering.

Thanks for the suggestions and support. He has been nursing every two hours - at 5 he still wasn't satified and drank 6 oz of ebm with rice 3 tbs cereal in it after nursing (I dont think there was much in there for him). I will offer baby food again at dinner if he refuses I will try to give him some bites of our dinner. At least he is taking the bottle again so if he wont eat - daddy can give him another bottle with cereal since I'm going out tonight. I figure the cereal will help him with that full feeling he is used to. Rlabelson - Glad to know I'm not alone with the teething/not eating thing. Thanks!

Perhaps offer lots of little things he can eat all by himself?
    Can you suggest safe foods to offer him for self feeding? He was a little better today but still really wants to do it on his own.

anything that he has already had just copped up small.. like the size of his pinkie finger.
    The only thing that I ground up for my kids was meats just cause somethimes it was easier just to grind it up then to cut it.
    Does he have the pincher grasp?