Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: how do you prepare food?

Default how do you prepare food?

I have been giving my 5 months old one serving of solid food a day. i mix 1-2 tbsp of oatmeal cereal with fruit/vegetable. Should I prepare the cereal separately (cereal+milk)? then offer fruit/vegeatble (or alternately)? Do you add water to your food?

His poop looks creamy (like a peanut butter). I know he's not constipated but would adding water help it to become less creamy. He poops every other day now.

Gabe and Jacob's Nanay

Gabe born on September 07, 2004

Jacob born on May 29, 2007

Default Re: how do you prepare food?

My baby started pooping every other day from about 4 months until ... well... he often times still skips a day at 10 months. The creaminess is probably from your breastmilk being their main source of food. A little cereal won't change that.

As for mixing, I did cereal and breastmilk. The Boy wouldn't take it mixed with anything else.
    Hot momma to The Boy born 19 December 2006.

Nursing The Boy for 1 year...and still going strong! I kicked the pump out the door though!

Oh, and I'm a cloth convert. Late in life. But only at home. Daycare isn't having it.

Default Re: how do you prepare food?

I've only ever added bm to his cereal/oatmeal. I only offer oatmeal now (rice cereal is just too bland- and kept his stool stiff).

At breafast, he gets oatmeal (mixed with bm) with fruit. Dinner is mostly veggies, a little fruit.

His stool is pretty regular so long as we only have bananas once or twice a week... but it is closer to play-doh, than cream.

He gets water in a cup once in a while, but not regularly...