Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: beastfeeding to emotional?

Default Re: beastfeeding to emotional?

The pain doesn't seem to be burning just a dull shooting pain every once in a while in the left breast only. At the last feeding my dd pulled off both breasts but didn't fuss or cry. She fell asleep after her feeding.

Default Re: beastfeeding to emotional?

Quote Originally Posted by cuttingedge View Post
    Thank you guys oh so much for the wonderful words of encouragement and advise I really appreciate it.
    You're most welcome.

Today my dd has cut back to 3 ounces per feeding instead of 4. I've been pumping around 3 - 4 ounces now. I drank plenty of water and I slept much better last night. I went over to my mom's house with baby and we got some much needed rest.
    Yay for rest!

I've been encouraged by you all to continue feeding her at my breast. Today I've had her latch on even on my painful left breast.
    It's good that she's latching on...

The pain in my left breast happens right when she latches on it feels like she's pinching me. I watched the lactation consultant move her bottom lip out so she had a better latch, but I couldn't figure out how she did this when I got home. It did feel a little better after her bottom lip was flanged out.
    Pain at latch on usually signals an issue with the latch itself. Since you mention that the LC helped you by rolling your dd's lip out, it seems possible that she is probably still tucking her lip under when she latches on on that side. Do you usually have someone home with you? Could you enlist the help of your mother (or whoever is most often around ) to check that her lip is out, and assist you in rolling it outwards if not?

Sometimes the pain in my left breast comes back about a 1/2 an hour after a feeding. It's like a shooting pain from the inside of the breast to the nipple. Sometimes it also feels like pins and needles - must be my milk letting down again?
    It could be many things, but I almost wonder if it is "referred pain" from the trauma to your left nipple?

My daughter does latch on after a bottle I think she just misses the skin to skin contact. She just likes to hang out sometimes and she'll fall asleep. I just love the cute looks on her face when she's done breastfeeding - they're priceless!

The pain doesn't seem to be burning just a dull shooting pain every once in a while in the left breast only. At the last feeding my dd pulled off both breasts but didn't fuss or cry. She fell asleep after her feeding.
    That's great!

Keep working on the latch on the left!