Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: from 5 or 6oz to about 2oz

Default from 5 or 6oz to about 2oz

Over the past couple weeks my morning pump session has gone from 5 or 6oz of milk to just under 2oz. My second pump session is down by about 1oz, the 3rd is about the same and the 4th is down by about 2oz. Even with the fenugreek it has gone up and down. I have tried the lactation cookies for two weeks (before I noticed a drop) and that didn't increase the milk output. I get sick to my stomach when I try the mother's milk tea so I stopped trying that. I have not had a menstrual cycle yet but hurt constantly like I am going to. ds (4mos) is sick with a stuffy nose and little white bumps all over the roof of his mouth. I saw 2 bumps Sunday and then several last night. The bumps look like several little ant bites. My pumped milk supply went down just about the same time with dd. Is it something going on with ds or is it me? What else can I try? I was just keeping up as it was. I appreciate any advice.

Default Re: from 5 or 6oz to about 2oz

Not sure about the little white bumps. That sounds like a question for baby's healthcare provider.

As to pumping, many mothers find that they experience a pumping "slump" after they have been pumping at work for a few months. There are numerous reasons for this, including problems with the pump, attempting to multi-task while pumping, and fewer overall nursing/pumping sessions. I'm sure some of the pumping mothers around here will chime in with their experiences.

Here's a helpful link with lots of great information: www.llli.org/FAQ/pumpwork.html

HTH. Hang in there!

Tiana

The local LC said lo had thrush. I got meds for us yesterday. She also said that he probably wasn't eating as much because his mouth hurt and that could cause the supply to go down. He seemed to nurse a lot this past weekend. He just wasn't as aggressive as he normally is. Thanks for your help.

I hope everything gets better!
    Tracy...Mommy to my two beautiful girls - Kinzie Marie, 1/19/01 and Ryan Renee, 2/1/07
    Married to Danny, an amazing husband and father - 3/22/03

Age Ticker

Breast milk is better than any udder milk!

My opinion is that anybody offended by breastfeeding is staring too hard. ~David Allen

I'm so glad your LC was able to help you figure out what the problem was. Thrush can be a pain to treat--did she give you an idea of some things to do (in addition to the meds) that can help prevent reinfection?

Hang in there,

Tiana