Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: When did you start eating dairy again?

Default When did you start eating dairy again?

For all you ladies who gave up dairy due to LO having milk protein intolerance, when did you add it back to your diet? I know I read that their gut has to be mature before it can stop letting the proteins through. I am really getting antsy for some cheese, this cold weather has me craving lasagna, pizza etc.

I'm also worried that if I don't try it soon, I may never be able to cause once we start solids it will be difficlut to know what is causing problems, if any should arise.
    Mom to Abigail, born May 3rd, 2007 (self-weaned at 27 mths) and Charlotte, born Nov. 24th, 2009. Both reflux babies and EBF. Charlotte weighs 31 lbs at 26 mths.

Default Re: When did you start eating dairy again?

i added it back in around 4 months and had no probs...good luck!

I think I started eating dairy again around 4 months too. But I added it gradually. And not in large amounts. My boy is 5 months now and has no problems with me eating dairy again.

We're currently dairy-free too, just started about 3 weeks ago. I was just wondering if you had seen blood in your LO's poop and if so, when it went away for you??

I reintroduced a little at 9 mo. I have had a little bit of cheese and stuff with milk and egg in it, but I haven't had milk or mac n' cheese
    Danielle

Mom to Gage 12/28/06

Wife to Trinity 6/21/03 my best friend

ed for year, finally done!!!!
    for more than a year now!

4 months- with milk in things, and a few weeks later with whole dairy products,

As it turns out I discovered my LO was fine with it- but I am completely lactose intolerant, all this time I thought itwas IBS

I reintroduced dairy (and other allergens) to my diet after my LO hit the 6 mo mark. He actually started solids before I could have allergens. I was told by our GI dr to wait until we had gone a month with no blood in my LO's stools. What I did to avoid confusion between his new foods and mine, was to stagger our introductions. He'd get a new food, I'd wait a few days, then I'd get a new food. That way we each got a new food a week. I also kept a journal of his stools and what foods we were both getting introduced to so that I could tell what foods, if any, were causing problems.

Thanks! I am so excited that it may be time to have dairy again. I'll have to try not to go nuts with the ice cream though, still too many pounds to lose
    Mom to Abigail, born May 3rd, 2007 (self-weaned at 27 mths) and Charlotte, born Nov. 24th, 2009. Both reflux babies and EBF. Charlotte weighs 31 lbs at 26 mths.