Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Beef?

Default Beef?

When is it okay to start giving DS beef? He's about 9.5 months old now and we are having beef stew for dinner. He loves carrots, potatoes, and everything else that's in it. I didn't see it on the kelly mom site, but I could have missed it! TIA

~Meg~
    Wife to Ray (09/07/07)and Mama to:
    Xander (01/19/07) nursed for 30 months
    Liam (12/12/09) still nursing through the night and in the mornings!
    Sebastian (7/29/12) my newest little nursling who graciously shares his milk with big brother!

Default Re: Beef?

I'm not too sure what the recommended age is, but we started giving Mady beef around 11 months. She only has it every once in awhile since we rarely cook with it, but she hasn't had any problems with it.

I think DD was around 10 (ish) months when we started giving her beef. I gave her super small pieces (like the size of pencil eraser) and she did well with it. I still give her small pieces, especially if it's chunky. If it's ground beef, the pieces are slightly larger because she can break them down easier with her gums. HTH

Quote Originally Posted by MeganBeth View Post
    When is it okay to start giving DS beef? He's about 9.5 months old now and we are having beef stew for dinner. He loves carrots, potatoes, and everything else that's in it. I didn't see it on the kelly mom site, but I could have missed it! TIA
    My dd started with stew beef around 9 months and LOVED it. It's so tender and easy to chew when cooked that way. Plus a bonus for you is the whole dinner is ready for everyone

DD1-Nursed 12/06-9/08
    DD2-Nursed 12/08 - 10/10

DS - Successful VBA2C May 5/11 and

Well we gave him some and he loved it! The meat was super tender as it had been cooked all day. For a change he wouldn't eat the green beans, which is usualy his favorite!

~Meg~
    Wife to Ray (09/07/07)and Mama to:
    Xander (01/19/07) nursed for 30 months
    Liam (12/12/09) still nursing through the night and in the mornings!
    Sebastian (7/29/12) my newest little nursling who graciously shares his milk with big brother!

Brooke was around 7-8 mths when we gave her some, first I would blend it to smooth consistency (from a casserole) but then by about 9 months she was eating it in small bite size pieces and absolutely loved it.

I gave my son beef after he was 1 year old, but he had blood in his stools after that. I've not given him any since.
    Caylen Koen Chew (25/05/06)
    Lost No.2 in Aug 2008 ... Lost No. 3 in May 2009 Hoping for another ... Enjoying No.1

I gave my son pureed beef mixed in his vegetables around 7 months.

I gave Lilly small pieces of beef-no seasonings-when she was 8 months old. If your LO is self feeding you could cut it into thin strip and he can gnaw on it or even pull pieces off if he has the teeth. I think you LO is definitely old enough.
    Proud wife to Pete, 5-9-04
    Proud 1st time mom to Lilly 2-1-07 born at 36 weeks, 5lbs 1 oz, au natural!

http://www.lillybugdesigns.com
    Handmade accessories for mom and baby
    All made with love, and by hand[/COLOR]