Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Help!!!!

Default Help!!!!

I have been in the hospital since last Monday and had 2 surgeries. My 3month old has been with DH and our mothers (who feed him way to much) They had to start giving hime furmula which caused him to spit up and become very grumpy. I am off work until next Monday and have no milk stashed ( I had to pump and dump in the hospital)

I have been Nursing DS and then pump after but only get a few drops. when I just pump I get 3-6 oz. How can I get my stash built back up in a hurry?

Formerly known as Huntersmomma
    Momma to 3 yr old Hunter proudly breast fed until 2 & 1/2
    Expecting baby #2, Due in Jan 2011

Default Re: Help!!!!

It sounds like you've been through a lot . I hope you're recovering well.

What's the chance you can take a few extra days off of work? Snuggling in bed with your little one and nursing like crazy should build your supply back up to normal pretty quickly. Try to rest and reconnect with your baby, and not worry so much about your freezer stash. Think of what is in your freezer as a back up, for emergencies (like what you just experienced with your hospitalization). The milk that you pump during your work day can simply be refridgerated and fed to your baby the next day.

HTH. Hang in there,

Tiana

Quote Originally Posted by huntersmomma View Post
    I have been in the hospital since last Monday and had 2 surgeries. My 3month old has been with DH and our mothers (who feed him way to much) They had to start giving hime furmula which caused him to spit up and become very grumpy. I am off work until next Monday and have no milk stashed ( I had to pump and dump in the hospital)

I have been Nursing DS and then pump after but only get a few drops. when I just pump I get 3-6 oz. How can I get my stash built back up in a hurry?
    Hi I just wanted you to know that 3-6oz per pumping session is very good! Some moms who ebf with no problems gets about 1-2oz per section!

I agree and LLLTiana is right, you can try the oatmeal and the teas, but the skin to skin contact and baby nursing often help the most!

Good Luck and hope you recovery goes well
    Married mama with 4 kiddos...2 girls (11 & 6) and 2 boys (21mo & 3mo)