Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Worried and confuse????

Question Worried and confuse????

Hi ladies:
    My 6 weeks old daughter lately is being nursing constantly all day, every hour or less. At night I need to wake her up because she was as sleep for almost 4 hours straight. She only sucks for 4 minutes and fell back to sleep. After 2 hours I wake her up again and she did the same. She fuss after she breastfeed until she fall back to sleep. She have a lot of wet and soiled diapers but I'm concern is she is eating enough. How I can know for sure how much she is eating? My breast feel softer after she nurse. She is reaching all the milestones for her age (lot of smiles, cooing, getting bigger etc. So Is normal to be so concern? Any Advice? I always feel like she is not eating enough .

Default Re: Worried and confuse????

Has she regained her birth weight?

6 Weeks is prime time for a growth spurt. How many wet diapers are you getting in 24 hours?

Why exactly are you waking her up at night?

~*Allee*~

Damon 8/5/99 Heaven 7/24/01 Jasmine 7/20/07

Question Re: Worried and confuse????

Hi. Thanks for your answer. Yes she is back to her birth weight and more. I wake her up because I believe she is starving, and I don't want her to lose weight. I'm doing wrong? She is my second baby, but, oh boy, I feel she is the first one because my son (he is 9 now) was in the hospital since he born until he was 5 months old. And another thing I'm the first breastfeeding in my family, so no much advice. I get around 7 wet diapers and she poops 3 to 4 times daily.

At night, as long as baby is back to birth weight and beyond, you can let your daughter sleep. Switch to feeding on demand, not feeding because the clock says it's time to eat.

The fact that she's wetting and soiling that many diapers is good, as is the fact that she's reaching all her milestones. It's also good that your breasts feel softer after a feeding.

Start feeding on demand (feed whenever she is ready to eat) and keep an eye on those diapers - as long as she continues to wet 6-8 (i believe is the numbers) diapers she is getting enough.

HTH!

ETA ~ Congrats on that baby girl by the way! and

~*Allee*~

Damon 8/5/99 Heaven 7/24/01 Jasmine 7/20/07

Thanks for the answer. I going to let her sleep all the time she wants. I feed her on demand, but at night I was thinking she need to wake her up if she didn't do it by herself. Thanks for the answer and thanks for the congrats too. Take care.