Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 14 months and still wants boobie

Default 14 months and still wants boobie

It's been a while since i've been on the forum. I"m still bfing but i would like to ween my DD off the boobie but it seems like she doesnt want to. I've been trying to introduce her to whole milk gradually and she will drink it if i give her 1 ounce whole milk and 3 ounces breast milk. she will not drink it alone and hates chocolate milk. She is eating a lot more now but at night still wants the boobie. please someone give me a solution. i think its time!

Default Re: 14 months and still wants boobie

Why do you think it´s time? the WHO recomeds bfeeding until 2 years old....Your baby is smart if she´s still wanting to bfeed, cause it´s the healthiest option...

I really don´t know what to say.....sorry, I just think 14 months is too small to wean, they are too small to understand that they can´t have something they love!

I hope you reconsider.....
    Karina, Neonatal Nurse, mother to Martin, born at 33 weeks 02/11/2007...
    I love ...... .....my baby loves it

I relactated....IT CAN BE DONE!!!

I also love
    Tried to

just wanted to let you know there's a weaning forum that may be helpful. You have done great BF'ing for 14 months!
    Amber, mama to

Henry 11~13~06
    Allergic to dairy, soy, egg, peanut, all tree nuts, wheat, barley, potato, chickpeas, pea

Georgia & Miles 7~7~10

There's also a LLL book out there called How Weaning Happens. It might prove helpful for you
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

I would also recommend reading this book if weaning is what you want to do. They give suggestions to mother led weaning. If your LO truly is attached, it might be a bit of a challenge. LO might not be ready, but the book is a good read and sure to help!
    Leslie- Momma to Aiden 02/28/06 AND Owen 2/28/08...What timing

Older and wiser voices can always help you find the right path, if you are only willing to listen.--Jimmy Buffet

Moving this to weaning
    Jen
    "Mothers are designed to be available to their babies--to help them make the transition into this big, wide world. To teach them to trust, and love, and feel good about being alive."
    --Elizabeth N. Baldwin, Esq., So I Nursed Him Every 45 Minutes

Click here to find your local LLL Group
    How to tell if your breastfed baby is getting enough milk!