Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: I am in a panick

Default I am in a panick

So the past few days the whole family was sick. My lo started first with a cold and the next day both my DH and myself got the cold fever etc. My lo was refusing the breast completely and therefore had to supplement with formula. I was really sick and did not pump (surprisingly I did not get enorged). Now my supply has gone waaaayyy down and my lo wants nothing but my breast. He is refusing the bottle whether its formula or ebm. What can I do? He only took 9 oz of formula in 24hrs!!!!!! and oatmeal
    Mom to Wayne since 02.24.2007
    AND
    Keeran 07.19.2010

My kids are my life!

You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them - Desmond Tutu

Default Re: I am in a panick

He's building your supply back up. Let him have at em. Keep an eye on your wet/dirty dipes and you guys should be fine. Hope you guys are feeling better soon. You've got the perfect excuse to curl up with your LO in the bed on a Sunday afternoon, relax, and get better

Thanks Shannon I really hope Wayne boost up my supply again
    Mom to Wayne since 02.24.2007
    AND
    Keeran 07.19.2010

My kids are my life!

You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them - Desmond Tutu

He will, it just takes some time. Get you some hot tea, curl up together and try and have a good day. Being sick sucks big time. We're just getting over the "crud" here. AJ has the runny nose right now but nothing serious. I'm praying it's teething related but I think the monster has a cold. He's running around like it's nobody's business right now. Anyway it will get better, just takes some time. Be patient and get some rest!

Sounds like it's time for some homemade healthy soup..put some extra goodness in like Kale! Rest, watch movies, and take care. If you take care of yourself and go with the flow, your milk will recover. Let the baby show you what to do..they know!
    JEN
    Happy Wife of 20 years to J~
    Mommy to DD E~ 9/22/04 BF 21 months
    Mommy to DD H~ 7/2/07 BF 27 months CD'd from 10 mos on!
    Mommy to DD A~ 7-14-10 All cloth, and Potty Trained at 2 1/2. Still Nursing!
    I grow an organic garden, homeschool, and really feel blessed to be a SAHM!