Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: domperidone efficacy?

Default domperidone efficacy?

At the recommendation of my Lactation Consultant I began taking domperidone on Thursday, due to a low supply. I'm also taking Mothers Milk Plus and pumping (all of which I was doing before the medication). How long do you think it will take before I see any change in my production from the domperidone?

Thanks ladies!

Default Re: domperidone efficacy?

I'm taking 30mg 3 times a day and I saw a noticeable difference on the third day. I am attempting to relactate and I went from drops to about 1-1 1/2 oz on that third day.

Yes, start with 3 tablets 3 x daily. Then once your supply is where you want it you can slowly decrease the doses. I found it to be very effective and saw results within a week! Good luck! But also remember that you have to feed baby more often. No galactagogue works on it's own. Lots of water and lots of nursing and your supply should be right up soon!:tumbsup If you want more info check out Dr Jack Newman's website. Here's the link to domperidome:
    http://www.drjacknewman.com/index.ph...=77&Itemid=105

I saw good results with Domperidone too. I don't remember how long it took to work, but it was more like two weeks for me. It can take some mamas 4-6 weeks to have maximum effect.

This link is from kellymom.com

http://www.kellymom.com/health/meds/...actagogue.html
    Melissa, mom to my very busy 4-year-old little man and super busy 2-year-old princess.

Quote Originally Posted by maritzape View Post
    Yes, start with 3 tablets 3 x daily. Then once your supply is where you want it you can slowly decrease the doses. I found it to be very effective and saw results within a week! Good luck! But also remember that you have to feed baby more often. No galactagogue works on it's own. Lots of water and lots of nursing and your supply should be right up soon!:tumbsup If you want more info check out Dr Jack Newman's website. Here's the link to domperidome:
    http://www.drjacknewman.com/index.ph...=77&Itemid=105
    Sorry I wanted to say I started off with 3 tablets 3 x a day and then decreased the amount once my supply was up!!!

3kidsMommy is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Okay, how would I get this?

I had tried everything under the sun to get my supply going and w/ baby #2 ended up with the med, I noticed a change within a week or so.....good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by 3kidsMommy View Post
    Okay, how would I get this?
    You can send an e-mail to drjacknewman@sympatico.ca he'll let you know where you can find it and he'll most likely mail you a script too.

Hi!!! I purchased dom from inhousepharmacy.com and I didnt need a prescription also was a lot cheaper then compound pharmacies around here ..... I am using domperidone and it works wonders for me in few days I started taking 2tb 3x a day and now I am taking 1 tb 3x a day since yesterday cause I am leaking all the time, I have to change my breast pads 2x a day.... this is amazing for me I was down to 10ml a day before domp.... I think I read your lact consult advised you to take it, if not you should consult with dr. Jack Newman at the email address that the other poster provide he emailed me a presc and lots od good advise about breastfeeding..... I purchased his book and I think its also great to answer many questions about breastfeeding and supplu issues.... I am saying dr. Newman cause all the others experts I talked to advise me to forget about breastfeeding and feed formula; he and LL Leader were the only ones who kept me going and with alternatives to increase my supply like domperidone... and of course all the ladies from the forums.... Good Luck to you!!!!

Hi Sambarou,

What kind of increase did you see since taking domperidone ?