Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which pump?

Default Which pump?

How do you ever decide which pump to buy???
    I will eventually have to return to work part time, 3 days a week. I can not for the life of me figure out which pump is going to work best for me. I assume I will also need to start pumping soon to get a stock of milk ready and also introduce a bottle at least a few weeks prior to returning to work?
    Anyone have any links or advice?
    Christine
    lots of for the cloth dipes!
    Sara Elizabeth 5.25.04 and Holden Joseph 10.18.07

Wife to Eddie. <3

Default Re: Which pump?

Try this link. It seems to give a good comparison of different types of pumps. Good luck.

http://babylovesyourmilk.com/best-pe...east-pumps.htm

what ever brand you decide, get a double pump. I am back to work and I purchased a single one. While the pump is great, I spend a lot more time pumping.... Also do a search, sometimes different sites have specials, (10% off or free shipping)
    Married mama with 4 kiddos...2 girls (11 & 6) and 2 boys (21mo & 3mo)

Many mothers like the Ameda Purely Yours and Medela Pump in Style. Both are full size, double electric pumps. Both are made for use with regular separations (such as a working mother). And both tend to hold up well even with frequent use.

I love my purely yours double electric 10 months no problem....no matter what brand get a double electric
    Danielle

Mom to Gage 12/28/06

Wife to Trinity 6/21/03 my best friend

ed for year, finally done!!!!
    for more than a year now!

@llli*emama is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

I have the Medela Pump In Style. On thing I like about it is that the pump supplies as well as the bottles used for feeding your LO are made from bisphenol-free plastic. I've read a lot about how bisphenol, a polycarbonate, can leech into milk if in heated bottles. I don't have any links but if you google "bisphenol" or "bisphenol-a" and "bottles" you should find some info.

The pump itself is quite good...

I agree with the PP, make sure you get a double pump. I started off with a single & it took forever. Plus, my supply went down because I just didn't have enough time to fully empty. KWIM? I bought the Medela PISA. It works well for me.

Loving my Beautiful High Needs Baby Girl born 12/28/06

Definitely a double electric pump. It cuts down pumping time & when both breasts are stimulated at the same time, it can hel to produce more letdowns. I have the Medela Pump In Style & I love it.

I have the Ameda Purely Yours. I got it off e-bay. The Ameda pumps are safe for multiple users because they have a special valve, while medela is designed for a single user. I use the medela bottles because of the biphenol-A in most other bottles including the ones that come with the ameda pumps. (DD isn't taking bottles right now anyway but I won't hijack this thread for that issue!)

Thank you for all of your replies!!! I ended up getting a single Medela battery or electric before I received any responses. It kinda became an urgent need because I had/have mastitis in my right breast and my son is refusing the breast so I needed to get pumping.
    I think that I will invest however in a double pump once I am back to work.
    I am only pumping the 1 side for right now and its working as well as it could be I guess, I never used another pump before so I really dont know for sure. I am getting about 3 oz each time after pumping for about 15 mins.
    Christine
    lots of for the cloth dipes!
    Sara Elizabeth 5.25.04 and Holden Joseph 10.18.07

Wife to Eddie. <3