Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DH/SO Help?

Default Re: DH/SO Help?

I tried to get Connor to nurse again... he wont.
    “Only with trust, faith, and support can the woman allow the birth experience to enlighten and empower her.” - Annie Kennedy & Penny Simkin

Mother to Emily June, b. Sept 18, 2005 and Lucy Quinn, b. 1/20/2012

“Buy the ticket, take the ride."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Excitement on the Side: Who doesn't love a confident woman with long boobs...

I did it! I hand expressed a tiny bit! So next question is, how much do i need to get out to keep from getting plugs or mastitis? I do want to stop the milk production as Connor isn't interested at all (still about that), and I still have many months to go before DC2 is born. Any ideas?
    “Only with trust, faith, and support can the woman allow the birth experience to enlighten and empower her.” - Annie Kennedy & Penny Simkin

Jess when we stopped, we also stopped at a two a day point. I was only slightly worried about mastitis, clogs, etc. I thought I would trust my body to do its thing and it did. I was sore for about 4 days? Just sore, not in pain. The milk was probably gone after about a week. Give it time and try not to worry.

Saying all this under the assumption that you are only trying to prevent it right? You are not currently in lots of pain and thinking it is happening?

Oh yeah, pumping, expressing, and all that jazz I also avoided b/c I thought it might just make the milk stay longer.

Misty
    Loving my two sweet girls Audrey (7/18/06) and Annie (6/18/09) Baby #3 due to appear 8/5/10

Feel free to ask me about my successful HBAC , food allergies, cloth diapers, and the joy of having a high-needs, non-sleeping little dear who has grown into a wonderful preschooler.

Blogging here.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetiejo5 View Post
    Jess when we stopped, we also stopped at a two a day point. I was only slightly worried about mastitis, clogs, etc. I thought I would trust my body to do its thing and it did. I was sore for about 4 days? Just sore, not in pain. The milk was probably gone after about a week. Give it time and try not to worry.

Saying all this under the assumption that you are only trying to prevent it right? You are not currently in lots of pain and thinking it is happening?

Oh yeah, pumping, expressing, and all that jazz I also avoided b/c I thought it might just make the milk stay longer.
    The pain I did feel in my muscle is gone. Don't know if it was from DTD or not nursing, but it has subsided. No pain now, but a few days ago they were full and felt very warm. I only tried expressing and pumping when I felt full. From what I've read express only enough to relieve discomfort is recommended but no more as, like you said, it will increase supply. We have stopped and I'm not going to offer to him anymore, so I would like for it to "stop". As much as can with being pg anyway.