Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DH/SO Help?

Red face DH/SO Help?

Well, I think we're done. It's been an emotional roller coster thus far. We've been down to one or two times a day for a few months now, and in the last month he's been going a few days between sessions (his choice, as I've offered). Last night my breasts felt very warm and somewhat full. I can feel that the milk in them. I asked C if he wanted to nurse and he said yes and came over to me. When I latched him on he started pulling on me very hard and then popped my nipple like a Nuby sippy spout! Ouch! I told him no and set him down on the floor... he didn't even care. He just went right back to playing.

So, I know many of you have done this with your DH/SO whether it be during love making or not... but had 'em help ya' out. We uh, made up so to speak and he did what he could and he said he honestly didn't notice anything (milk wise). I also didn't feel any kind of let down. It just feels worse today (as I was hoping it would work, and well it didn't). I don't have the money to buy a manual pump currently and honestly don't remember how to hand express! Does anyone have a video?

I don't want to get plugged ducts. I honestly don't feel engorged, but do feel lumps. I was feeling engorged some last night and not today, but the milk is still in there. Maybe it did work a bit? I'm confused. Will being PG make me dry up faster? Perhaps I just wont get them? Maybe what I'm feeling is not milk? Gah, I have no idea!!

Last edited by ChasingPrisms; October 27th, 2007 at 10:35 AM.
    “Only with trust, faith, and support can the woman allow the birth experience to enlighten and empower her.” - Annie Kennedy & Penny Simkin

Default Re: DH/SO Help?

Have you tried expressing in a hot shower?

Love this video! This is how I teach my moms to express, and most times we can get more than the electric pump.

Quote Originally Posted by ChasingPrisms View Post
    Well, I think we're done. It's been an emotional roller coster thus far.

I feel so dumb.

How is that I've bf'd for 14 months yet I can't hand express to save my life? I've been trying all day and I can't get more than a drop. Not even a drop big enough to be taken down by gravity! So... I broke down and bought a manual pump. I figure it's an expense that I can justify for the new LO as well. Only problem is... I can get a let down (I guess I'm just not used to a pump? Since I've been a SAHM I really didn't have a need to pump often). I did get some milk out of my right breast, enough to relieve the pain (that is up to my collar bone might I add). My left breast... not so much. I can't get it to pump, I can't get it to express and it HURTS up to my collar bone too. The whole muscle feels sore. I'm already on an antibiotic so I figure at least I have that going for me (the AB is for a sinus infection that I couldn't kick). No plugged ducts yet, but I don't want them either!! Connor will not nurse.

“Only with trust, faith, and support can the woman allow the birth experience to enlighten and empower her.” - Annie Kennedy & Penny Simkin

I'll try some warm compresses now and let you know how it goes. Why can the man in the video do it and not me?

Well, I think we're done. It's been an emotional roller coster thus far.

We uh, made up so to speak...
    on both accounts.
    Mother to Emily June, b. Sept 18, 2005 and Lucy Quinn, b. 1/20/2012

“Buy the ticket, take the ride."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Excitement on the Side: Who doesn't love a confident woman with long boobs...

Quote Originally Posted by Mummy View Post
    I'm bored why you not on AIM? LOL
    You are so silly, bc I'm trying to get this milk outta me!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Ann View Post
    on both accounts.
    Thanks.

Okay well hot compresses, me trying to hand exp, DF trying to hand exp, trying the pump again later... and nothing had worked on the left one. The right expressed some just fine, and the left has always been my larger producer. So... as keeping with the theme of 'no such thing as TMI' around here', DF helped me out. We DTD again, unexpectedly , and it seemed to help a little. If it's worse by tomorrow I'll call my OB and see what he says and if they can get me in. Maybe I'm just being paranoid?

You are so silly, bc I'm trying to get this milk outta me!

Thanks.

Okay well hot compresses, me trying to hand exp, DF trying to hand exp, trying the pump again later... and nothing had worked on the left one. The right expressed some just fine, and the left has always been my larger producer. So... as keeping with the theme of 'no such thing as TMI' around here', DF helped me out. We DTD again, unexpectedly , and it seemed to help a little. If it's worse by tomorrow I'll call my OB and see what he says and if they can get me in. Maybe I'm just being paranoid?
    You said you don't think you have a blocked duct, but could the blockage be pretty close to the nipple and keeping you from getting milk passed? When I had mastitis this week Daniel would nurse and nurse, but barely get much out. It just wasnt getting past the blockage. And I kept getting engorged.

Lyn
    Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)

Quote Originally Posted by danlynclark View Post
    You said you don't think you have a blocked duct, but could the blockage be pretty close to the nipple and keeping you from getting milk passed? When I had mastitis this week Daniel would nurse and nurse, but barely get much out. It just wasnt getting past the blockage. And I kept getting engorged.

Lyn
    Hmm . I'm not sure? Would an OB know anything about hand expressing? I guess he would refer me to an LC if need be. Maybe I'll just call my local leader instead. That sounds like a better idea. I'm not feeling 'engorged' per say bc my milk production is so low already from Connor only nursing once a day for so long, skipping days, being sick, and being pg. You'd think I'd have no problems with my milk drying up! The pain high up is still there, but I don't feel any large 'blocks'. I think I'm just feeling the ducts. It does, however, feel 'bruised' to the touch. Maybe it's from DTD so much suddenly?

I wish there was just an easy answer!!
    Last edited by ChasingPrisms; October 28th, 2007 at 08:47 AM.