Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: tryig to block feed and producing more milk

Default Re: tryig to block feed and producing more milk

it looked like mustard also very big she had two one in the mid morning and one in the evening and during the time she had no bm she was fine she acted like nothing was wrong but when the time came to poop she was pulling up her legs and grunting but she was okay

That actually sounds like it is within the range of normal. As long as baby is otherwise healthy, a really big, mustardy bm after 10 days should be fine.

Tiana

so will that happen all of te time now shold i give her karo water or not

Did you mean Karo syrup and water as a laxative? That would be unnecessary. Breastmilk is a natural laxative. The reason that breastfed babies often poop infrequently is not because they are constipated! On the contrary, because breastmilk is so easily digested and so well used by the body, there is very little wasted--and therefore, very little that needs to be moved out.

Some babies develop a consistant pattern of bms every so many days, and others are less predictable. It depends on the baby. As long as baby is otherwise healthy, and the bms are not hard, her bm pattern is within the range of normal. As always, if you have concerns about your baby's health, contact your health care provider.

Tiana

that is good to know but her ped said to give her the karo water but i think i am going to stop for a little while ty for the info cause when i told people that it is normal for a bf baby to not have a bm every day they said i was wrong that what is taken in must come out and i told them that she pees alot but they still said she needs to have a bm everyday

Here is a link with more information on BM frequency: http://www.llli.org/FAQ/bm.html

You may even wish to print it out and share it with your ped.

Tiana

ty it is very helpful and you have been also thank you so much

You're welcome!!

Tiana

It can be hard when your dr has old, out dated information. Plenty of babies poop only once a week or longer, and are just fine. If your baby seems happy, and isn't acting distressed, it might be a good time to trust your gut feeling that everything is ok. You are a wonderful mama! We welcome all you questions.

well my lo is a mon pooper cause the last two mon she pooped also it is not only her doc it seems like every one thinks it is strange that she does not poop everyday but i am happy cause she is happy