Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Silly question

Default Silly question

I have been doing mostly BLS with DD. I have been buying mostly canned veggies, but am wanting to do fresh or frozen. My only problem is I can't seem to get say, green beans, for example to be tender. My DD won't eat any of the fresh veggies that I have cooked. Is there a trick to getting them tender?

Jack'sMum is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Default Re: Silly question

How long do you cook them for?

I just cook (steam) until they feel soft when I poke them with a fork. Soft - but not mushy. I don't time it, just keep an eye on them and check every few minutes.

It's round on the ends and high in the middle

Quote Originally Posted by Jack'sMum View Post
    How long do you cook them for?

I just cook (steam) until they feel soft when I poke them with a fork. Soft - but not mushy. I don't time it, just keep an eye on them and check every few minutes.

You can steam in the microwave - my microwave has a steam veggies setting on it and it gets things nicely done.

Jessica
    Fancy Momma to the Divine Miss M, 2/15/07 BF'ed for 17 months!
    Currently TTC Baby #2

Hello babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies - Damn it, you've got to be kind. - Kurt Vonnegut

I steam the green beans then immediately put them in ice water for a few minutes then puree them or smash them with a fork depending on what consistency you want.

I have just been boiling them. I don't know how long. Much, much longer then I did for the canned ones, and they were still not tender. I have never really cooked veggies until DD how do you steam them and why put them in ice water, I read that a few times now