Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Emotional Wreck about BF

Default Emotional Wreck about BF

My ds is three months old. When he was a little over a month old, his ped diagnosed him with a milk protein allergy. He was put on Nutramigen while the milk products got out of my system. I gradually reintroduced certain products back into my diet at my lactation consultants' advice, and when he got diarrhea, I took him back to the doctor and blood was back in his stool. He's on Nutramigen again, but my dilemma is, do I try bf again and risk hurting his tummy, or should I chalk up the three months of successful bf and stick to formula. I have agonized over this to the point of tears. Is three months enough for the good health benefits to my baby, or should I try one more time? Thanks for your ears ladies!

Default Re: Emotional Wreck about BF

I'm so sorry to hear you and your baby have had such a rough time. It sounds like you have worked so hard at breastfeeding and have just been through the wringer.

How long to breastfeed is a personal decision. So this is not a question that anyone here can answer for you. However, if you want to keep breastfeeding, you will find lots of information, support and encouragement at the various boards here.

I urge you to post about your situation on the allergies board:

http://www.lalecheleague.org/vbullet...splay.php?f=37

You will find a lot of moms there who have dealt with similar issues; I'm sure they will help you figure out what do to.

--Rebecca

Smile Re: Emotional Wreck about BF

[QUOTE=quakerm0mma]
    How long to breastfeed is a personal decision. So this is not a question that anyone here can answer for you. However, if you want to keep breastfeeding, you will find lots of information, support and encouragement at the various boards here.

Of course, the longer you bf the better. If it were me, I would give it one more try, and really keep clear of dairy. if re-introducing didnt work, dont try to get dairy back into your diet for as long as possible.

But of course, at the end of the day, it's up to you.
    Good Luck!