Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: today is it....

Default today is it....

Well today will be the first time we dont nurse at all. we've been down to her bedtime nursing for 3 weeks now and i'm excited and a little sad to be done! well i made it much farther than i ever intended to. just shy of 13months. Just thought Id share!
    Newly Pregnant momma to My little Miss Gracie with a little sibling on the way.

Default Re: today is it....

Sounds like it was a gradual process for you both.
    Don't be a stranger.
    Mother to Emily June, b. Sept 18, 2005 and Lucy Quinn, b. 1/20/2012

“Buy the ticket, take the ride."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Excitement on the Side: Who doesn't love a confident woman with long boobs...

Happy weaning day! Good luck tonight.

Lindy, that's fantastic that you made it so far!

I hope you will still post pictures of that gorgeous girl.

Congratulations!! I have to ask (since we are also about to start the weaning process)...how do you get your dd down for naps during the day? I am can see taking away the feeding right when dd gets up in the morning and after nap, but what about the one BEFORE nap?? Any suggestions?

Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Quote Originally Posted by merekemp View Post
    Congratulations!! I have to ask (since we are also about to start the weaning process)...how do you get your dd down for naps during the day? I am can see taking away the feeding right when dd gets up in the morning and after nap, but what about the one BEFORE nap?? Any suggestions?
    Our nap feedings were the last to go. I thought that it would be very difficult but it really wasn't. She would protest for less than a minute. Like 30 seconds really. But how many feedings are you having a day? For us, the two before naps were the only ones for awhile so I think getting there gradually is important. What made me start the slightly mother led process ( I had been on the fence) was having a couple of busy days where she fell asleep without it on her own, like in the carseat, etc. After a couple of days of that, I just stopped offering and like I said, very little protest. But we were back on schedule and doing nothing out of the ordinary. I think that was very important. Also be willing to make up for that time with extra cuddling, reading, or some kind of quality time. HTH!

Lindy. You should be proud of yourself mama. 13 months! I know there was a time you would have never expected to make it so long. Isn't it amazing to see them find the security and independence and get to that point on their own?

Misty
    Loving my two sweet girls Audrey (7/18/06) and Annie (6/18/09) Baby #3 due to appear 8/5/10

Feel free to ask me about my successful HBAC , food allergies, cloth diapers, and the joy of having a high-needs, non-sleeping little dear who has grown into a wonderful preschooler.

Blogging here.

Yeah, we sound like you guys! She nurses twice during the day, once before each nap. Then she also has the morning feeding when she first wakes up, which I think will be fairly easy to let go since some days she doesn't even seem to want to and we just get up she eats her yogurt instead. Then of course there's the night feedings...sigh...those will probably take a WHILE.

But I am encouraged about the naps! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by merekemp View Post
    For naps around here we actually feed her some whole milk from a bottle (she doesn't like her milk in a cup at this point) then we lay her down in her crib and walk away. She fusses for a min or 2 tops then out like a light. It's actually the only thing that works for her, she stopped nursing down for naos a while ago though. Good luck and keep us posted on the weaning!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetiejo5 View Post

Lindy. You should be proud of yourself mama. 13 months! I know there was a time you would have never expected to make it so long. Isn't it amazing to see them find the security and independence and get to that point on their own?
    Hi Misty! i am sooo proud of this milestone we made it too, I'm also really enjoying at this point for daddy to be more involved in the feedings, I love that i can sleep in now and he can just go ahead and feed her. it;s almost scary sometimes to see how independant she is. One more sign she's getting older.
    Newly Pregnant momma to My little Miss Gracie with a little sibling on the way.

Thanks Lindy! I will definitely be posting updates on the weaning process. I found out Friday that I will be going back to work much sooner than expected, but after reading around on the these forums I am so encouraged and relieved that I may not have to completely wean right away. I think since my days aren't extremely long (I'm a 2nd grade teacher) I may be able to still nurse in the mornings before work and then when I get home and the evenings/nights and have my dad give dd whole milk if she really wants it during the day to help with getting her to nap. So far she seems to go to sleep fine by rocking with him when I am no where to be seen so that may be our ticket...