Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Biting, but not the breast.

Default Biting, but not the breast.

My son has recently taken to biting me, usually on my shoulder or leg. He will ask for a hug and then get carried away with snuggling and bite me really hard on the shoulder. I have teeth marks! I have tried telling him 'that hurts mommy' and saying 'ow' and putting him down, but he thinks it's a game. He's 14mths. I think it happens more when he's tired and when he wants to nurse, but he has other ways of asking so I'm not sure why he does this, especially since I don't reward him for this behavior by nursing him. Has anyone else had this trouble? Thanks.
    Emma

J from Aug '06 to Nov '08 and S from April 2009

Default Re: Biting, but not the breast.

My DD will sometimes sink her teeth into my shoulder, and she has gotten my thigh (and DH's too). Not really hard, but we have stopped her before she has done a lot of damage. My15 m.o. nephew tried to bite my tummy last week! I think they are just seeing what they can do with these new teeth.

Default Re: Biting, but not the breast.

Oh yah. Biting- on the tummy, the shoulder, the cheek ect.
    What i don't like is how mad I feel right after he does it. It impairs my ability to make sense to Willy. I plunk him down on his bum hard and fast when he bites and walk out of the room after I say 'No bite!"