Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: define "frothy"...

Default define "frothy"...

I keep reading that foremilk/hindmilk imbalance can lead to green, frothy stools. Can anyone explain what "frothy" would look like? Foamy? Bubbly?

My 6wo has had greenish stools for several days, but never anything I'd consider "frothy." She has also had more gas pains and fussiness, on and off, than usual. Could this be foremilk/hindmilk imbalance? Or with green non-frothy stools should I suspect some other cause?

I've been feeding one breast per feeding, but started block feeding yesterday, so hope that will help.

Thanks!

Default Re: define "frothy"...

You know what they mean by "frothy" stools when you see them... My LO's are bubbly-foamy, the texture of a banana and strawberry smoothie just out of the blender (but not that colour, thank goodness). He has yellow frothy, but I have read that green non-frothy can be due to foremilk/hindmilk imbalance.

Quote Originally Posted by leosmamma View Post
    You know what they mean by "frothy" stools when you see them... My LO's are bubbly-foamy, the texture of a banana and strawberry smoothie just out of the blender (but not that colour, thank goodness). He has yellow frothy, but I have read that green non-frothy can be due to foremilk/hindmilk imbalance.
    Like whipped egg whites that are green/brown. Peter used to spray the foam out of his bottom - always during diaper changes - it used to foam out like hair spray. Wow - that brings back memories!

Thanks for the graphic descriptions!
    I don't think I've seen foamy/frothy, based on your descriptions, but it's good to know that green non-frothy could also be due to foremilk/hindmilk imbalance.