Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Gotta' Get Milk Up

Default Re: Gotta' Get Milk Up

Yay! It's great to hear things are going better for the two of ya!

Okay, I am newly motivated. He has been getting 8 oz of formula a day. I am tired of it. I want to hit things HARD and get rid of formula once and for all. He is not ready for solids (trust me I keep trying).

He won't nurse when the flow slows down. So, I am going to have to go back to pumping. It sounds like I am taking a step backward, but I am giving him a few bottles during the day and pumping with every spare moment that I have. (It takes 8 minutes to bottle feed, and 50 minutes to nurse). Yesterday I could get 2 oz in three hours. Today I could get (for most of the day, anyway) an oz per hour. I don't give anymore bottles after his 4:30-5:00 ish feeding and let him nurse on demand the rest of the evening and night without the SNS.

Don't tell me how crazy I am -- I know. I was just going crazy not knowing how much he was really getting. I am going to get these last ounces knocked out and then I will just nurse all the time and introduce solids as he wants to.

So... I will keep everyone posted on the pumping.

You can do it! You've come so far and your ultimate goal is so close! You're not crazy - you're a wonderful mom.

Wow, you are so determined.
    Mama to DD#1 Exclusive pumper for 3 months before getting back to breast

and

DD#2 Straight from the tap since birth

After a week of power pumping for most of my day, I have increased an ounce. Only 7 more to go...

Mama to DD#1 Exclusive pumper for 3 months before getting back to breast

and

DD#2 Straight from the tap since birth

Yeah... that's how I feel!

I went to the pediatrician today and have to say that I am heart broken. My son has fallen from the 25% to the 10% in weight. He is in the 90% for height. It is only a difference of 9 oz between the 10% and 25% so it is not much, but I feel like I have been starving him!!! I feed on demand, I cosleep, I respond. I had no idea this was happening. So, I have more than 7 more ounces to go, obviously. I have to supplement more often. This is deflating, but not the end of the world. He will gain the weight. I am glad to have caught it. We just have to supplement more.

How is his output? How many wet/dirty diapers in 24 hours? Is he content? Is he growing in length and head circumference? How many total ounces did he gain and in what period of time?