Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: lenth of feedings??

Default lenth of feedings??

i have a 2 month old who eats for about 30 mins. now i know that the length is normal for her age. but for those with older babies how long does it take you to nurse? just so i can get an idea of where we will be in a few months.

thanks

Default Re: lenth of feedings??

my son is 16 mo old and its takes all of 5 minutes - generally. If he's kinda clingy or sleepy, he'll take longer.

Edited to add that he does take longer when we're nursing down for map/night time.
    Last edited by Number3; October 22nd, 2007 at 12:36 PM.
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Jack'sMum is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

DS is 7 months today! When I nurse him to sleep it'll take about that, but feeds are normally 10 minutes, maybe 15.

I think by about 4-5 months he was feeding much quicker.

he nurses for under three minutes in the day except at nap times when he'll nurse for a half and hour+
    During the night he nurses more frequently for longer.

my boy is almost 4 months---
    nursing lengths seem to vary.
    if he's nursing to nap/sleep, they're extended (anywhere from 15-25 minutes), but if he's just having a snack or meal, he finishes in about 5-7 minutes.
    i think it also depends on the frequency of feedings. my boy still eats about every 2-3 hours, and sometimes he'll "snack" between those main meals.
    that said, he's always been a pretty quick eater.
    ... mama to alasdair jonas, fifteen days late and (finally) born all natural on june 24, 2007.

check out my organic baby goods: www.inkpony.etsy.com
    and coming along with using cloth dipes.yay.