Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jarred food and homeade food

It's round on the ends and high in the middle

Default Re: Jarred food and homeade food

I dont know about a blender because I've never used one to make baby food. It may work - try it out with somethig small and see how it goes. I cant imagine why it wouldn't work...

Jessica
    Fancy Momma to the Divine Miss M, 2/15/07 BF'ed for 17 months!
    Currently TTC Baby #2

Hello babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies - Damn it, you've got to be kind. - Kurt Vonnegut

i will definitely try it this weekend before i decide on getting a food processor. thanks! all the info on this thread is so helpful!

Gabe and Jacob's Nanay

Gabe born on September 07, 2004

Jacob born on May 29, 2007

PM me if you have any other questions - I'd be happy to help!

Jessica
    Currently TTC Baby #2

Hello babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies - Damn it, you've got to be kind. - Kurt Vonnegut

Why did the organic carrots that I steamed and pureed with a little bit of water and a little bit of juice (first pear, then white grape) come out really bland and nasty? They tasted fine before I pureed them? The texture wasn't that smooth either. Is that normal?

Hmmm...dont know. Keep in my that a baby's taste buds are not as developed as yours. So because it tasted balnd to you doesn't mean that your baby would find it so.
    If you are getting lumps in your puree, put it back in the food processor with some water or breastmilk and puree until smooth. Some foods take a little longer than others.

Jessica
    Currently TTC Baby #2