Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Goat's Rue?

Default Goat's Rue?

I was just wondering whether anybody had any success in increasing supply using goat's rue?

Default Re: Goat's Rue?

http://www.kellymom.com/herbal/milks...f.html#goatrue

heres the page that lists it from kelly moms
    do you think your milk supply is low?

I've been using it, and I think it's had a positive supply. What I notice is that I seem to have more streams of milk- so that's maybe more milk? So far fenugreek seems to be the best thing for me and I notice a drop in supply when I don't take the capsules. Tea hasn't had much impact, just the capsules.

Quote Originally Posted by andrea_ohio View Post
    http://www.kellymom.com/herbal/milks...f.html#goatrue

heres the page that lists it from kelly moms
    do you think your milk supply is low?
    I think so, I haven't had much success with fenugreek so I though about trying something else.

Quote Originally Posted by lovemyTY&N View Post
    I've been using it, and I think it's had a positive supply. What I notice is that I seem to have more streams of milk- so that's maybe more milk? So far fenugreek seems to be the best thing for me and I notice a drop in supply when I don't take the capsules. Tea hasn't had much impact, just the capsules.
    So you used it and it seemed to work for you? I have also tried fenugreek but have not had so much success with it as some of the other moms.

don't be afraid to call your local leader she can help you more with supply issuse...
    sometimes just feeding baby more often for a few days will help.

Quote Originally Posted by andrea_ohio View Post
    don't be afraid to call your local leader she can help you more with supply issuse...
    sometimes just feeding baby more often for a few days will help.
    I do notice that even when I nurse alot, the fenugreek has helped a lot, especially after I started taking way more (7 capsules 4 times a day)- I think that because I'm still on the post-baby chubby side I needed more fenugreek to really get my supply up than the tea would provide. I know some people stop using it after a while, but when I do, my supply goes down so I guess I'm stuck with it-

(maybe if I nurse more ithout the fenugreek my supply will go up, but when I try that I end up supplementing because I just don't have the supply I need-)

Quote Originally Posted by maritzape View Post
    I think so, I haven't had much success with fenugreek so I though about trying something else.

Can you tell us more about what things you have tried to increase your production? Maybe we can help with more suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by home executive View Post

Can you tell us more about what things you have tried to increase your production? Maybe we can help with more suggestions.
    I'm bfeeding with a nipple shield so every now and then my supply takes a bit of a dip. I've noticed that dd nurses shorter and that she gets fussy after about five min! So like I said, I've tried fenugreek without much success. Then I heard about goat's rue and was just curious whether someone had used it before and if they had better results that with the fenugreek.