Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: period??

Default period??

my ds in only 9 wks but I think I'm getting my period. i thot it would not happen until much later since i am EBF. is this normal? does this mean my supply is going down?

Default Re: period??

when my ds was about 12wks I spotted for 1 day and I thought the same thing but it stopped and I haven't seen anything since! so I would worrk because bf doesn't always mean u won't get ur period! every body is different... see I spotted but I don't consider that my period! should I? I dunno :l but I wouldn't worry it stinks but unfortunately it is what it is! I hope for u its not! and a big CONGRATS on ur precious lo!

Smile Re: period??

hello mommyturtle, i think you are lucky to have quick period time. I am waiting my ' monthly guest ' to come for over 10 months . .
    my lo is almost 11 mos now. I am using IUD now, maybe that cause my period not come..

some moms get AF back right away, others don't until they fully wean. And of course there's many situations inbetween too. I lightly spotted for a few hours at about 10 weeks but nothing since. I still get cramps around the time that AF would normally arrive though.

~*Allee*~

Damon 8/5/99 Heaven 7/24/01 Jasmine 7/20/07

I got mine a few days before my 6 week post partum check up. I think its cause I was pumping for the first 3 weeks. And you just get a dip in your supply when you have your period. It doesn't mean that you are having a low supply and thats why AF has come back around. And frankly my periods don't hurt anymore, cramping wise, and they are much much much shorter then they used to be! Yay!

Is your baby gaining weight well? Do you see or hear the suck/swallow or suck/suck/swallow when you nurse? If the answer to both of these is yes, then you do not have supply issues. If not, them you want to talk to an LC about increasing your supply. It absolutely can be done! Keep at this great work! You are changing and improving your lo entire life. Yeah momma!

Thank you! I was worried thinking I wasn't supposed to get it at least for 1st 6 months. But so far it has only been a few hours of bleeding so hopefully what a few of you said is true and I won't be seeing it for another few months Thanks...It's really great to know what I"m going through is 'normal'!

I got mine at 5 weeks also. I did start pumping and supplementing at that time. I think the positive side to this is that my tummy seems to be shrinking with each period.

Also - if you recently stopped PP bleeding, and you have possibly been over doing it, activity wise, it may be a PP flare up, of sorts. Take it easy
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

http://www.breastfeed-essentials.com/menstruation.html

From my experience (and a few other mamas here), supply will dip for few days before period shows up, but goes back to normal on the first or second day of period. Let-down can also be affected

HTH