Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Breastfeeding "round the clock

Default Breastfeeding "round the clock

It seems like my baby is constantly feeding. There are breaks of maybe 20 to 30 minutes during the day and a little bit longer during the night, but I feel like all I do all day is sit on my butt and feed the baby. I've read some past threads on this and hear it is normal - but is it really? It just seems like nobody would ever get anything done if that is the case? If it is the case, when can I realistically expect feedings to space out? My baby is already 2 months old.
    Thank you so very much for any responses.

Default Re: Breastfeeding "round the clock

Quote Originally Posted by sweetbabyjane View Post
    It seems like my baby is constantly feeding. There are breaks of maybe 20 to 30 minutes during the day and a little bit longer during the night, but I feel like all I do all day is sit on my butt and feed the baby. I've read some past threads on this and hear it is normal - but is it really? It just seems like nobody would ever get anything done if that is the case? If it is the case, when can I realistically expect feedings to space out? My baby is already 2 months old.
    Thank you so very much for any responses.
    It really is normal. As far as getting things done, some moms rely on wearing their babies in a sling, wrap, or other baby wearing item. Check out the babywearing forum further down the list. My LO is 13 weeks and has gone through a week here, a week there, of further spacing then every hour. I have a sling and a wrap, but I've been enjoying the cuddling with her while she nurses.

~*Allee*~

Damon 8/5/99 Heaven 7/24/01 Jasmine 7/20/07

Realistically the 1st 6-12weeks is the hardest. Just in terms of getting used to the way babies eat. BY 4months, things may be sooo different that you may be here asking why your child is no longer interested in nursing It's true. So much changes with infants from week to week. I know it's overwhelming, but the reality is the fact that you are in this position means all is well. All is happening as is should. Your baby at this stage in the game is still working on establishing your supply and working to get it to keep up with her needs. And honestly, most of us didn't/don't get get anything else done in the beginning. The most important job you have right now is to feed the baby. The laundry and dishes can wait. Keep up the great work.!

Way too lazy for formula

I can completely relate. My 1st daughter used me as a pacifier. She was on my breast the first few months of her life. Once she started to become more interested in her surroundings she began to take longer breaks in between feedings. I know everyone else says this...get comfortable with a sling, it will really help (if youre out in public wear 2 shirts so you can pull one up and still have one covering your stomach)! Be patient, she'll give you a break soon. Good luck!
    Last edited by jetagraham; October 24th, 2007 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jetagraham View Post
    I(if youre out in public wear 2 shirts so you can pull one up and still have one covering your stomach)
    How does this work?

You Pull The Top Shirt Up Scoop The Other One Down Under Your Boob And Abr Kadabra Your Baby Has Instant Access!

Hi

Sounds like a growth spurt, babies tend to have a few of these in the first 6 months of their lives.

Hopefully it won't last too long though.

I remember those days, where I just felt I couldn't leave the house because all I was doing was breastfeeding.

Thank you for the reassurance. My friend told me this was the case but I really wanted to be sure. I feel much better now.