Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Sore nipples...

Default Sore nipples...

I have a three month old son and we have had thrush three times already. I think we may have it again, or worse but I am not sure. I have little yellowish blisters on the bottom of my areola and my nipple opening, where the milk comes out, looks like it is tearing wider. It doesn't hurt while I am nursing, but before he latches on and after he lets go, it burns. Sometimes I will have just a second of a sharp pain like my nipple tore while he was nursing and I will look at it when he finishes and it is bleeding a little. I don't think his latch is wrong because my nipple is larger but round when he lets go. I don't know what is wrong with it. BTW, it is only the left side...I hope this will go away. Is it maybe that he is sucking wrong?

Default Re: Sore nipples...

How long have your nipples been cracked? When were you diagnosed with thrush? What treatments have you been using? Are you and baby both being treated at the same time?

Here's an article that you might find helpful:
    www.llli.org/llleaderweb/LV/LVOctNov98p91.html

Default Re: Sore nipples...

How long have your nipples been cracked?It is just the left and about 2 days.
    When were you diagnosed with thrush?This time unless it didn't go away, a LLL leader thinks it is as of today. My baby has no signs of it though. If it never went away,about 3 weeks.
    What treatments have you been using? Gentian violet, boil paci's nipples, bottles.
    Are you and baby both being treated at the same time? Yes, but I think we keep passing it back and forth.