Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: drastic decrease in supply.

Thumbs down drastic decrease in supply.

hi ladies. baby in hasnd excuse typos. three days ago i noticeda drastic decrease in supply and sore nipples. i have had one pp period and assume this is another af. i did have some cm about 12 days ago so its coming, but when and how long do i have to deal with a baby thats constantly nursing but never satisfied i thinkj she ate constantly last nigh. i have some pre period signs but no af, i have tried oatmeal and dont really notice a differemnce, to top it all off she bit me and it hurt, thats w/o teeth. she is about 6 mnths and doesnt eat solids readily once a week maybe a little more but not jars juyst u knoe a banana thats she plays with i dont think this is affecting my supply. im getting desperate like i was in beginning, she doesnt take a bottle, i think she forgot how to use it so formula ios out of the question. Any suggestions would be so awesome/hugs i just dont know whats going on i usually have too much milk

thanks for reading you gals are awesome

My little May baby just turned THE BIG ONE!
    Formally known as kaykate23

N. TX

Default Re: drastic decrease in supply.

Do you think it is a decrease, or an increase on her part? I think there is a growth spurt at 6 months which could lead to a higher demand.

Emily, mommy to
    Jeremija Charles - 5/30/07 - nursed 26 mo, and
    Aleksandar Hayes - 12/13/09 - nursing strong!

"Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you are going to do now and do it." - William Durant

If you really want to do something, you'll find a way, if you don't, you'll find an excuse.

If it's a growth spurt, it will pass and your supply will go up. If its AF, same thing. My supply goes way down for about 2 days prior to AF. Hang in there, it should go back up!

Mama to my sweet blueberry eyed boy Joshua
    born on 11/2/2006

and my blueberry eyed baby Jonah Henry...my water birth baby!
    born on 6/15/09

Not around here as much :(

The PP's are correct this page might prove helpful
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremijasMom View Post
    Do you think it is a decrease, or an increase on her part? I think there is a growth spurt at 6 months which could lead to a higher demand.
    Oh yes for the growth spurt at six months!!! It was the worse one we've had so far!!!! DD nursed every hour for three days!!! I felt as if all the juices in my body was sucked out!!!