Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hiccups?

Default Re: Hiccups?

My son gets the hiccups almost everyday and i just offer him the boob I let him fall asleep on it and they go away. I hope this helps good luck.

Smile Re: Hiccups?

My baby boy, Spencer, was born on May 23rd, 2006 (24 days old to be exact) and we have also found that he seems to get hiccups often and they generally develop after I breastfeed him. I also found that if I offered him the breast one more time it seemed to soothe him and the hiccups went away. I am not sure why babies get hiccups...someone told me that it is because they have swallowed some air during a feed but I am not sure if this is true. Every book seems to say that the hiccups are worse for the parents then they are for the baby...parents do not like to see their baby looking uncomfortable. So I guess I can say you are not alone in the matter and try offering the breast again and see if this soothes your little one.

I certainly remember those days!!! Babies get the hiccups a lot! They grow out of that phase soon enough. I remember thinking that it probably bothered me more watching them than it bothered them.

My DD was born may 23rd too!! Neat!

Thanks everone for the replies!!!

Pazygozo is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Quote Originally Posted by Zoeythelost
    alittle off subject but how much gripe water is too much? DS is constantly fussy over something, at least twice a day, gripe water seems to help but i dont want to be giving it to him so often.

Our ped said to give our 6wo (then) 1/2 teaspoon of gripe water 3-4 times a day and .3 ml simethicone (baby gas medicine) every 4 hours. Both at need of course, so DS didn't get both often. He liked the taste of gripe water better, so we gave him that. I think we usually gave it to him 2x/day, and a few times 3 or 4. Anyway, that is the dosage and timing my doctor said were safe. For what it's worth.
    Last edited by Pazygozo; June 17th, 2006 at 09:17 AM.

Question Re: Hiccups?

Hello ladies new here..SO heres my question my dd also get hiccups alot and i havent untill recently heard of "Gripe Water" (and i have 3 kids!) so where can i get some and what exactly is it?

CAre

ps dd is 8 weeks old