Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Horrible pain, in tears.

Default Horrible pain, in tears.

I was hopeful that I could make the duration of bf without mastitus, looks like i was wrong. My fever is over a hundred and climbing, its 3:27 am, and I feel hot, but I keep shaking. I have a knot in my left breast, I've been nursing on it despite the agony- even enlisted the help of dh after william was full. What is it i need to do??
    My reference materials are packed, I can't think straight either.
    I think i got it because i went to a pumpkin festival and forgot the stroller. So I carried my 23 pound bb for 8 hours on my left side, and of course because of the festival he wouldn't nurse at all.
    All I can do is cry. it just hurts so much.
    *getting in hot shower -body aches. Will be back to check soon.
    Last edited by carpentergirl; October 21st, 2007 at 04:41 AM.

Default Re: Horrible pain, in tears.

eek.... everything i have read tells you that hot compresses, lots of fluids and lots of nursing will help ease the pain. However... It also tells you that nothing but antibiotics will cure it once it gets kicking. Sunday at 3:30 in the am.... I think I'd go to the ER. Really. And I know what a pain in the ass it is to get everybody out the door, but you can't just hang in there miserable until Monday to see a doc.

LLL Mastitis

Mother to Emily June, b. Sept 18, 2005 and Lucy Quinn, b. 1/20/2012

“Buy the ticket, take the ride."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Excitement on the Side: Who doesn't love a confident woman with long boobs...

Is it beyond help once there is a fever? Is that what defines it as an infection? I have a $100 copay for er visits. I have honestly never feel this bad before. My scalp is crawling and my cheeks feel like they are on fire.

That is the experience that I have with some of my girlfriends. I sincerely hope someone chimes in with better news, but that is what I have witnessed... I wishI had better news.

Do you feel any change? LIke you can you feel the mass getting smaller or is there relief when you're in the shower?

Hunter S. Thompson

Could you go to an after hours clinic, once they are open? My ER co-pay is usually $65, but after hours is only $25. Just trying to help you think some! I'm sorry you are going through all this!!
    “Only with trust, faith, and support can the woman allow the birth experience to enlighten and empower her.” - Annie Kennedy & Penny Simkin

Depending on your relationship with your GP or your OB/GYN they might call in a prescription for you without seeing you since it is definitely mastitis.

Man, I am sorry.

Hunter S. Thompson

So What i did was go back to sleep after nursing (red hot poker up my nose-except in my boob ) I figure if I have to watch ds all day with only a net of three hours I'll be in worse shape than if i manage to do the whole business with 5 or 6. My body still aches; feels like the house must be on fire but the thermostat keeps saying 72. But somehow the pain has decreased.

Good... then maybe you caught it early.

Hunter S. Thompson

well, i mean it sure hurts like hell, but not so much that I want to chew off my breast like its caught in a bear trap or anything. which was a few hours ago. Now I just want to curl up in a fetal ball.
    Who knows how to get rid of the knot in my breast? massage, reorient baby's chin, compress. Anything I'm missing?

when i had a clogged duct, i would massage while the baby was eating, i'm not sure if that works for mastitis.
    Lisa
    Married to my Sugar Daddy
    Mom to Matt (5/14/97)
    James (11/8/06)
    Kelly Anne (3/14/08)
    Paul (3/11/10)