Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: A surprising big bite of chicken at 10 months

Default A surprising big bite of chicken at 10 months

So tonight for dinner, DH and I were having one of those rotisserie chickens and some salad. I had been giving DD (10 months, with only 2 teeth) little strings of chicken and she was eating it up. Then I started playing with her by putting a big "slab" of chicken on my fork and pretending to feed it to her. DH and MIL got a kick out of seeing how she opened her mouth for the huge bite. Then I tried to give her the bite and take it away again, but she bit off a huge bite! lol. I guess she wanted more chicken than the little strings I was giving her. :P The bite wasn't all that huge by normal standards, but it was definitely a decent mouthful for my tiny girl.
    Andrea, wife to Tim, mama to Lydia, born 5 December '06 (weaned at 28 months, ) Benjamin Luke born at home 5 days late on 10/10/09

my Blog . . my Play Food

Default Re: A surprising big bite of chicken at 10 months

That is great! My gal is 8 months and seems to be wanting bigger bites too. She is just getting her first 2 teeth right now. Do you have a handhels food chopper? I use that to chop her food and it is a perfect size. I got mine from bed bath and beyond for $10-$15. I use it every day! Funny story, thanks for sharing!
    Proud wife to Pete, 5-9-04
    Proud 1st time mom to Lilly 2-1-07 born at 36 weeks, 5lbs 1 oz, au natural!

http://www.lillybugdesigns.com
    Handmade accessories for mom and baby
    All made with love, and by hand[/COLOR]

Default Re: A surprising big bite of chicken at 10 months

That's cute! My 10 month old just had her first chicken leg for the first time yesterday. She peeled all the skin off and took five or six little bites from it. She loved being able to hold it by herself!
    ~Brandi~

Loving wife to K
    Proud stepmom to B, and proud mom to J and R-A
    and our newest addition C

Happily homeschooling
    Still and and

Ask me about Parkinson's Disease! Visit me at Life With Shaky!