Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ok, now I want to cry!! unhappy baby

Unhappy Ok, now I want to cry!! unhappy baby

i am not an emotional person and i am 2 secs away from a break down. I am trying to get the simple things done....cooking dinner, girls hair done for church, and my hair done...but my lo is not haveing is. he wants to be held and constantly on the breast... why... i have no idea. i so wish my dh didn't have to work today. my mom offered to come, but i don't have a lot of bottles and i will still be feeding constantly... i think she would just encourage me to give him formula while i get things done.... i am sitting here with him in my arms while i type and he just got done feeding for 20 mins and now wants to feed again.... Am I missing something ..he has been like this since yesterday.... Is there something wrong with my supply, i hear him eating so i know he's getting something. he even nursed way more last night then he has since he was 6 weeks...is this a growth spurt? I don't recall him being this fussing at his 6week one....

well to sum all this up help
    Married mama with 4 kiddos...2 girls (11 & 6) and 2 boys (21mo & 3mo)

Default Re: Ok, now I want to cry!! unhappy baby

your siggie says he's 3 mo, right? he may be going through a growth spurt. they don't last long but it seems like they feed all day. hth
    Lisa
    Married to my Sugar Daddy
    Mom to Matt (5/14/97)
    James (11/8/06)
    Kelly Anne (3/14/08)
    Paul (3/11/10)

but he is so unhappy if he isn't feeding

Your siggie says he's 3 months which if I remember is prime growth spurt time. Nothing but mommy and the boob will do.

Do you have a pouch or a sling? That will allow you to get stuff done and he will be close to you and you can even nurse in it. This was how it was with K. Still is, she wants to be up and down so if I need to get stuff done, I put her in the babyhawk and go to it.
    HTH mama!!

Mama to my little Diva: Miss K (7/15/06)
    And her little sister: Lulu Pie (3/21/09)

"Don't toush da mango"
    One-handed typer Extraordinaire!
    My body creates, houses, nurtures and nourishes life. That is awesome.
    Kegel Kop says: TIGHTEN UP!

I was also going to suggest a sling! I just got one and it is absolutely fantastic! Good luck!
    Jen, momma to Charlotte Rae born 9/25/07

Still breastfeeding !

and !

Growth spurt. As you know, they can happen anytime. Most babies do have a major growth spurt around three months.

Could you put him in your wrap and nurse that way? Or maybe he would be satisfied just by being close to you?

it will get better!
    My little May baby just turned THE BIG ONE!
    Formally known as kaykate23

going to try the wrap...just don't like cooking while he is in there (in case grease pops). Kinda hard to do hair in it too.... I am not trying to be a brat.... why doesn't he want to lay down... When he is fnished feeding... Can a growth spurt hurt?

Growth spurts can hurt, afterall, they're GROWING. Having your muscles and bones doing all that stretching can't feel good. Also remember that growth spurts are developmental as well as physical, that could be why he's being so clingy. When DS hit his 3 and 4 month growth spurts (the 4 month one just about did me in!) I wore him pretty much all day and coslept a lot.

Can you comfortably wear him on your back yet? That might be one way you can do some minor cooking tasks and hair fixing while wearing him.