Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LO loves pacifier... can breast become pacifier?

Default Re: LO loves pacifier... can breast become pacifier?

Hey Paigekitten! Good to hear from you, again. I admire your perseverance. Way to go mamma for continuing to keep up your milk supply. What a woman you are! I never did get my daughter (who is now four) to latch and I know what it takes to keep on pumping and pumping and pumping and pumping... it gets old, quick. I know I felt so rejected by my daughter when she wouldn't nurse. Good for you for continuing! I mean it.

I would let her play with your nipples, unless it hurts. I think that the more time with your breasts, the better. Sounds like you are doing something right if she has nursed 5 times. I know it may not feel that way, though. Have you tried when she is sleepy? How are you feeding her? Are you using bottles or what? Can you feed her against your bare breast?

Stay with our message board! You are working on learning to nurse just like the rest of us and I think you belong here. We tend to be a more "long-term" forum while the others may be more looking for a quick bit of info.

Has the cranio-sacral therapy continued to help? Are you still doing this? Tell us more of your story.

LOL, my story is very very long, and unfortunatly I know I won't have the time at the moment. Hopefully I will have more time tonight or tomorrow. We are still doing the craniosacral therapy, and it is still helping, although I haven't been noticing as a dramatic difference in her palate as I did at first.
    Mama to DD#1 Exclusive pumper for 3 months before getting back to breast

and

DD#2 Straight from the tap since birth

relactatingmomforthelord, how is the craniosacral going for you??????
    Mama to DD#1 Exclusive pumper for 3 months before getting back to breast

and

DD#2 Straight from the tap since birth

Works really well. It was after your post that I went and talked to PT about his high palate. She said that she could work on that -- it was the next day that he started nursing full-time.