I'm so excited to hear that I am not the same one having these issues. You know...when you hear so many different things about childcare and breastfeeding they all start to mend together and make this big misconception of what things should be like. I read things like...after 3 months your baby will usually sleep better through the night, and most babies want to nurse every 2 to 3 hours, etc. I thought I was doing something wrong. But I now understand that babies just have their own preferences and will do certain things when they are ready. When I first asked my question, I was worried that by letting her nurse whenever she wanted all night I was teaching her to not sleep through the night. Again, I think I read somewhere that if you give your baby what they want all the time, they will expect it. It was protraying the fact that nursing every time to go back to sleep was the start of a bad habit. I also tried letting dad rock her, pat her back, etc. But she would not stop crying until she got to nurse. I felt like I was spoiling her, but I now understand that I am just fullfilling her needs. It makes me happy to see her happy. I'm so sorry you are not getting much sleep! I haven't been through the teething phase yet...but soon to come! Good luck with that.