Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for Advice re:milk supply - 2 previous failed attempts at BF

Default Re: Looking for Advice re:milk supply - 2 previous failed attempts at BF

Thanks for all of the great advice and encouragement. I am not sure about the certifications of the lactation consultant I had worked with in the past. I assumed that she was certified since the hospital I delivered at got me in touch with her. I will be sure to check that out this time.
    My husband had two daughters from his previous marriage and they were both formula fed and he said that they did just fine with it. I think that if I can, I am going to give our son the best that I can, which is breast milk (at least in my opinion). Sure, we can all have McDonald's to eat to sustain our needs on a daily basis, but how healthy can that be when you could be eating at a five star restaurant every meal, right? Anyway, I am going to try again, of that I have no doubt. Whether or not I'm successful remains to be seen. I think the fact that I am trying to forsee obstacles and prepare myself ahead of time for them this time gives me at least a little better chance. Thanks again.

Rachel

Default Re: Looking for Advice re:milk supply - 2 previous failed attempts at BF

do look up your local leader and group.
    They can help!
    LEAders and groups are free...
    Check out a few meetings before the baby comes you'll learn so much.
    Don't be afraid to get help right away!
    Most cases of low supply are just missmagement of breastfeeding or poor fit between mom and baby.
    it normal for newborns to nurse alot up to 12 times in 24 hours.

I had another reply drafted, and then got the blue screen of death! AAAAHHHH!!

Anyway, just wanted to say that many hospitals have lactation consultants, but very few are IBCLC. Again, feel free to call your LLL leader ahead of time; she can point you in the right direction!

I didn't read the other replies since I have a fidgety baby in my arms, but I wanted to say don't be discouraged. I was unsuccessful with my first and I tried pumping for 6 months! And this is my 2nd time around and I was stressed out b/c my breast size didn't change like it did w/my first pregnancy. But it's been 2 months and still EBF! Keep coming to this forum for advice and encouragement and any questions. It's what got me this far!!