Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: which pump to buy

Default which pump to buy

I only anticipate pumping enough so that my husband can feed our lo once or twice a day - he's feeling left out of the whole BF bonding thing!! And I'm thinking it would also be okay to have a few glasses of wine of an evening if I have enough pumped for that evening - until say 2 hours after the alcohol has been drunk (right?). So does that amount of pumping warrant a double electric or would a manual be enough? I have no idea how time consuming pumping is but the manuals look like they could be very time consuming. And if a manual is okay has any one tried the Lansinoh one. My lo is only 3 1/2 weeks - if I fed him expressed milk should I feed it from a cup or a bottle? And any preference on manufacturers of either the cup or bottle? Advice much appreciated!

Default Re: which pump to buy

I know this is not what you're asking but why disrupt BFing with a bottle if you don't have to? There are many other ways your DH can bond with the baby. Playing, bath time, solid foods when the time comes ect. Your lo is only 3 1/2 weeks and you need to protect your supply.
    I do believe that you are correct about the 2 hr. rule with alcohol.
    I have the PIS and it's great. I pump for 15 minutes.

Thanks for your reply - what is PIS? I'm in no rush to use a bottle - BF is so wonderful, now my nipples are less tender! But I'm currently in the US, about to return to Belize where I currently live and not a lot of anything is available there. I'd like to buy a pump now when I can so I have it when I need it. At what age do you think it's least detrimental to introduce expressed milk, either via cup or bottle?

Quote Originally Posted by Lansdowne View Post
    I know this is not what you're asking but why disrupt BFing with a bottle if you don't have to? There are many other ways your DH can bond with the baby. Playing, bath time, solid foods when the time comes ect. Your lo is only 3 1/2 weeks and you need to protect your supply.
    I do believe that you are correct about the 2 hr. rule with alcohol.
    I have the PIS and it's great. I pump for 15 minutes.
    I agree. You shouldn't intro a bottle yet and not feeding on demand can hurt your supply right now.
    Hi! I'm Shelley!
    Feeling like a and lovin' it!
    Cloth Diapering Convert

Married DH 8/5/2000
    DS 2/25/03 Always making me laugh!
    DD 1/23/07 Loves to Breastfed 15 months with no end in sight!

I agreed at three weeks 1/2 your supply is not well stablish this is a crusial time to set up a record for your body to undersdand how much milk your lo need and that is only set for feeding seasion.... my own expirience wait at least 8 weeks...

Ansewring your question I have AMEDA PURELY YOURS and it works excellent I pump about 10 time/day for 15 min .( gets all my milk in less then 6 ) I pump the xtra time for my body to know that my baby needs more milk (do more you nurse the more milk your body will make )