Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: the big one!

Default the big one!

So with true toddler decorum my lo has taken to calling the other side, "the big one." Being sensitive to my off balanced figure I thought maybe he'd noticed, but it doesn't matter which side he starts on the next side is "the big one." I've always called it "the other side" so this phrasing is his own creation.

Just thought I'd share. I'm trying to focus on these cute moments as in general Mark's nursing manners have disappeared.
    Laura, proud vbacing, ecological breastfeeding mommy to four ages 8, 6, 5, and 2. That's Kate nursing her doll, Adam.

The Seven Standards of ecological breastfeeding: (1) exclusive breasfeeding for the first 6 months (2) pacify baby at your breast (3) don't use bottles and pacifiers (4) co-sleep for night feedings (5) take a nursing nap (6) nurse frequently day and night; avoiding schedules (7) avoid practices that restrict nursing or separates you from your baby. The average return of menstruation for ecological breastfeeding mothers is between 14 and 15 months.

Default Re: the big one!

Hee! That so cute!
    Katie
    Just one more fanatical cloth diaper convert...
    Mom to Morgan (01/10/04) and Zachary (07/12/06)
    What are M & Z up to now?

love it, too cute. I would have

Well, the naming continues. Today as I was about to nurse him I noticed one of those lovely light colored hairs on my breast and I muttered "oh, there's a little..." and didn't finish my sentence realizing I was tmi-ing with my 2 year old. He immideately began calling that side the "little one" and is delighted that they both now have names! How come I feel like weaning isn't eminent.
    Laura, proud vbacing, ecological breastfeeding mommy to four ages 8, 6, 5, and 2. That's Kate nursing her doll, Adam.

The Seven Standards of ecological breastfeeding: (1) exclusive breasfeeding for the first 6 months (2) pacify baby at your breast (3) don't use bottles and pacifiers (4) co-sleep for night feedings (5) take a nursing nap (6) nurse frequently day and night; avoiding schedules (7) avoid practices that restrict nursing or separates you from your baby. The average return of menstruation for ecological breastfeeding mothers is between 14 and 15 months.

That's really hilarious, Laura. Do you think he associates "big" with having more milk? Jeremy now always asks for the "other nu-nu" whenever the flow slows down, so I know that he's looking for more. Is "big" Mark's synomym for "more"? Of course that wouldn't account for today's naming of the fresh breast as "little."
    Annie
    Mama to Jeremy Daniel (12/10/2005)

I'm a late cloth convert...and you? :tumbsup

Quote Originally Posted by annie View Post
    That's really hilarious, Laura. Do you think he associates "big" with having more milk? Jeremy now always asks for the "other nu-nu" whenever the flow slows down, so I know that he's looking for more. Is "big" Mark's synomym for "more"? Of course that wouldn't account for today's naming of the fresh breast as "little."
    Yes, I think he associates "big" with having more milk. He probably means "the full one" since he says it after draining every last drop from the first side. Of course with breasts the full one is often the big one. I wouldn't have thought he'd know that, but I think my breast are far more important to him then even I realize.

He had been calling the 2nd side "the big one" repeatidly for several days and it was only when he thought I was refering to a side as "little" did he decide to use it as a name - I'm sure he does know that "little" and "big" are opposites. He didn't use the term again this evening so we'll have to see if "little one" sticks as a name.

That is so cute and funny!
    I wonder if my 14 month old will say that one day....