Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Snotty Nose

Default Snotty Nose

My lo has a snotty nose. He won't eat much and I dont know what to do to help him. He is only eight weeks old and he has no fever just the nose and a cough. Any suggestions would be great. I just dont want him to not be eating enough and get really sick

And I was wondering we co-sleep and he has to be right next to me culd the fact that we are both sweating so much be causing him to get sick?

Default Re: Snotty Nose

sounds like a cold i would call the dr

Please call your Dr. it sounds to me like your baby is catching a cold and you dont want to deal with that .... trust me... my daoughter got sick at 9 weeks old and it lasted 2 weeks.... please call your Dr. inmidiatly... mean while your could rub your baby with Vicks but just put a tiny bit on his body like a soft massage, put a hot on him and keep him in sit position... the nose is the first simptom for cold... call your Dr.

If you get a baby saline solution and suction his nose with the bulb they gave you at the hospital it may help. I don't think the co-sleeping is a problem.

When my lo had a runny and stuffy nose I used the saline drops and suctioned it out throughout the day, especially before nursing. It did seem to help him eat better.

My lo had a snotty nose then too and has pretty much had some clear or white boogies since then. The ped said it was totally normal She said that if they ever spit up out of thier nose that can cause it as well. DD has never been sick so I am assuming she is right!
    Jennifer

AIM- cuigrl

Proud Mommy to~
    Emma and Ally 3/15/06 (my two little angels in heaven)

Kaylin Ryan born on 6/22/07~ My joy!!!!