Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Isolation when breastfeeding.............

Default Re: Isolation when breastfeeding.............

Thanks for all the kind words and support. It's nice to know there are others who feel the same way I do. My husband has always been very supporting, and if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be bf. He helped me teach the baby to latch when she had nipple confusion. And, he attached her while I was still unconscious after my emergency c-section. I can't fault him for one transgression. I do wish he would apologize. When I bring it up, he just says it's part of bf and I need to get over it. He's not getting that flowers would have made everything seem so much beter. Aw well, he is a man..............

But, I am glad I was able to vent to all of you. It's nice to know I am not alone.

Sorry hat you had a rotten birthday and feel isolated. It won't last forever though!

My daughter was very needy as a baby and I never left her for any length of time, even with Daddy. It worried me for a while, because I knew I had to go back to work after a year amd she had to stay with Daddy or Granny. So from about 8 months, we gradually got her used to being without me for a while. We went to Granny's house and initially I would just leave the room, but not the house. Then I started going out for half an hour, 45 min, an hour... It worked fine, only once was she crying when I came back. You could try something like that. Good luck!

How glad I am to read these posts! My chidren are almost 4 and almost 7, and although they haven't nursed for a long time, they are very needy, especially in the evenings. There are so many things I want to do, but I never seem to have any time left for me since I spend so much time looking after my family! I was feeling particularly resentful yesterday until I came across some baby pictures of my girls. How quickly they have grown! I really have to dig deep within myself to summon the patience I need to enjoy the last few years of their childhood. Nothing can compensate for your disappointing birthday, I know, but maybe you'll feel better knowing you're not alone. I hope so.

Default Re: let me introduce my infant dresses fahion shopping online

I am so sorry that you had such a lousy birthday. <<hugs>>

Motherhood can be quite isolating. Are there mom groups that you can join in your area? Friends who have kids that you can start a play group with? Please look into some ways to get out of the house. Do you like to work out?

It sounds like your hubby is generally a supportive partner and would be willing to help out. Being miserable and lonely and feeling like you do not have any identity beyond "mommy" does NOT have to be a part of your experience. What about an online class? Would DH be willing to take baby duty for an hour a day so that you can work out or take a class from home or something?

I hate to know that you are feeling so sad and hopeless. Take some time to stop and think about something that you can do that is JUST about you. I LOVE to run, so my DH takes my 3 kids for 1 hour every evening and lets me go run. It is not much, but it is one hour out of my day that is about me and no one else but me. I don't get to go every day, but just a few times a week helps a lot.

Happy birthday to you! Give yourself a gift, since the one DH gave you was rather lame. Or better yet, tell him that this is what you REALLY need.